Lake Norman 4/8/06 - North Carolina

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by striper, Apr 9, 2006.

1. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Went out on lake norman yesterday. started about 5 pm, went to a spot that i found on the map where the channel has a nice slope to about 30'. nothing. went over towards the state park and started marking some bait in channel. The channel is about 70'. had almost no wind so i drifted. nothing... went up onto the flat next to the channel, it is 40' almost all the way to shore line. started drifting from the bank to the channel and i did manage to get 2 blues about 5 lbs. each.. that was it.. 2 hits, 2 fish...

ed...

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    ed did you mark any fish on the slope? if so maybe the weather yesterday slowed the bite down. i ve been using drift socks too when drifting to slow the boat. well at least you beat the skunk.:)

3. striper

striper New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i did mark fish through the whole channel.. i tried everything.. i anchored, i used the motor to keep me going slow and i used a wind sock.. and when i did get the 2 fish, i wasn't marking anything... the channel on lake norman is roughly 70'-80' through most of the lake and the shallower water is right against the bank or well off the main channel. like you said, at least i beat the skunk..

4. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Norman can be rough on even the best catters but the bite is shallow not deep at this time. It is not the easiest lake to fish but the bite is excellent at this time of year.