Lake Nockamixon/Greenlane reservoir

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Scott Daw, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Has anyone had a chance to fish either of the lakes yet? I wanted to catch the crappie spawn and was wondering if they've come in shallow yet.

2. Never been to Noxamixon yet.:sad2:Been a few years scince Iv'e been to Green Lane, but we were killing the crappies in a rainstorm.:smile2: Tomorrow would be perfect to fish from shore, just gonna get wet, that's all. :eek:oooh:I am sure the bite is on by now.:wink:

3. RedTideDiver

RedTideDiver New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Just moved back to PA this year so its been a few years but me and kenlaw caught some cats by the spillway @ Nox also a HUGE hybrid Striper up there..Plan on hittin Green Lane alot.:cool2:

4. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I remember that night. No lie, That striper was longer than my leg. I think it would have been a record, or real close to it. I let the fish go cause I know that they don't reproduce and I didn't want to kill it just for a pic cause I didn't have a camera.

5. nightfish

nightfish New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    One of my marine buddies came in from jersey on a 3 day pass Saturday (his first time kattin). We hit the nock for most of the day and night picked off a few nice channels the biggest being in the 10 lb. range. That he took at 12 noon.

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Green Lane Reservior has some of the biggest largemouth bass in SE PA.:cool2:

7. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa

Ha ha.....how about that day huh buddy, so heres the story.....we get up at the but crack of dawn and head up to green lane to rent a boat and chase some bass. We had no idea the office didnt open untill like 8 am so here we are sitting in the parking lot with a bucket full of shiners and its 6:30 am. Since we were there we walked down to the bank and tossed some spinner baits and hit a few small bass from the bank......as if on cue mother nature let loose a storm that had us running for the shelter of the truck...thunder, lightning, and pouring rain i thought we wre going to file another trip in the "what the heck were we thinking" file.....and longport and i have a few doozies together. The rain let up and we walked back down to the lake since we had another 30 minutes before we could get the boat......we brought the shiners down with us this time......fish started braking water on the end of this little point...i was thinking bass, one toss of a frisky shiner later and i caught the biggest crappie i had ever seen up to that point.....easily 16" long. The day on the lake was slow, we did however see thousands of carp back in the shallow coves....i wouldnt mind taking a few cans of corn for a boatride over there again. Thanks for the memories John.....man we have had some fun out on the water.

8. I'll never forget that day dude.:roll_eyes: We slaughtered them Crappies, and weathered the storm.:smile2: We gotta do like you said and get up there with some corn and some light tackle. The would be a drag screaming good time in all that open water!!:wink:

9. By the way fellas, there was a rumor going around that they stopped renting boats, but from what I found is that they are rebuilding the dock area and the boat rentals should be up and running or if not, very soon.:wink:

10. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    man i haven't been to the nock in easily 4 years, i was there in my first boat that had a 15 hp, they have a 25 hp restriction so i don't take the boat i have now up there:sad2:

11. FTL6

FTL6 New Member

State:
    Reading,Pa.
    The Nock has a 20 hp limit or I would take mine there.I have a 25 hp..

12. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    yep your right todd, either way i'm screwed unless i'm using the trollin motor, and that lake is a little too big for the trollin motor, motor restrictions are lame:confused2:

13. That's why it never hurts to have a little old kicker motor laying around in the garage.:wink: