Lake Nimisila

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nate161, Feb 6, 2009.

1. nate161

nate161 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hey im new here, Just wondering if anyone ever does any good out at Nimisila Reservoir in Akron Ohio. Also if you constantly experience the following problems.
    Any Solutions?

Crime- people trying to jump you. people who drive by and chuck stuff at your head when your fishing close to the road or even 50 yards from it, and catching people trying to break into your car.

Statepark/campground- Homosexuals being caught in the woods doing indecent acts by Dnr, and Police, which is realy disturbing. Lots of family's vist this area, And a raid makes the paper at least once a year.

Dnr officers in the State Park:
    If you go there and try to fish you will see Dnr officers drive around the parking lot and take plates of all the parked cars. they will park next to you and sit and watch you fish for up to 30 minutes, which is really akward. constant harasment!

also, dog attacks, and trash everywhere.

Sorry for the long rant, I dont know if its just me or if anyone else experinces these problems. I go there with my little brother and we slay Channels and catch a few carp, but the Whole time we are constantly looking over our shoulder.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Welcome to the BOC Nathan, as far as the issues where you fish I would start saving up for boat even a small john would get you out of that area.

3. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC!!! I think i'd find a new place to fish or like Gary said...get a boat!

4. nate161

nate161 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks, yeah i have a 12 foot jon im rebuilding, the shore is getting old.

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    welcome,yeah,i would find another place.thats not fishing,fishing should be enjoyable.

6. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Welcome to the BOC

7. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    Welcome to the BOC! I suggest getting a CCW permit!

8. joadb

joadb New Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    lol!i fish there.
    one time i was fishing the campground area and the sherrif's dept was doing a sting operation on homosexuals doing whatever it is they do out on the paths.pretty wild stuff.lol!
    anyhow it's a great lake to fish.not many catfishermen utilize it.ive taken a 15lb channel from it and numerous 10+ cats.its even rumored to have a few flatheads laying around in it.
    the best bet to avoid people out there is to fish the main st. side of the lake.

9. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree!!