Lake Nasworthy

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tufffish, Oct 25, 2007.

1. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    does anyone fish lake nasworthy. i am living on the lake for the next month and plan on fishing during the week.

2. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I was hoping that someone else would answer this as I seldom fish nasworthy. It is a party lake when the weather is good. If you are fishing from a boat, I would try the Christmas tree locations that P&W sank last year. the locations are on their website. It is a good lake for hybred stripers, most of the people I talk to catch them on minnows. I have caught a few small cats around where pecan creek enters the lake. I usually can catch shad behind the dam. Let me know if you have ?.

Jim

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i saw and older fella fishing today and went over and watched and talked to him. i then went and got my rod and caught about 20 crappie, but only 3 keepers. i did not bring my boat this trip so i am on the bank. i am going up pecan creek tomorrow and try some danny king bait up there. there is not hardly any boats on the lake during the week. i go out to the deer lease on thursday and stay until sunday so i miss the weekend. i was told that twin butts is a good place to fish also.

4. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Pean Creek, on the south side of the bridge gets real shallow real fast with a muddy bottom. Twin Buttes can be good, I have never fished it from the bank, but there are some good looking places that you can drive to. Take Red Bluff road until it turns to gravel on the right follow that til you get to the dam and you can follow the dam to the spill way on the Twin Buttes side. Might be good on the Nasworty side also. Where area are you hunting?

Jim

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i hunt out of sonora towards rock springs. this was the closest campground that had everything for my wife. it is a 90 mile drive now, where if we went home it is a 250 mile drive. when it gets cold i will find out if she still likes san angelo as much as she does right now. i think the c of c paid for this weather.

6. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Lots of deer, turkey, and hogs that way. Should be some exotics too. Good hunting and fishing. We do contract the weather for out guests benefit. I live 20 miles south of San Angelo and really like it.

Jim

7. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    if the weather stays this nice my wife will stay here a long time. san angelo is big enough to have everything and small enough to not have traffic and the problems of a big city. this morning i got into a bunch of 8 to 10 inch bass.

8. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    I'll be out of town all next week, but if you have any ?s about the area, PM and I'll send my e-mail address.

Jim

9. CATFISHKINGCOMPANY

CATFISHKINGCOMPANY New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    we fish lake nasty waters, and it can be a wonderful lake,,,,we have used either quanah minow bait,,,,shad and goldfish minnows, and of course chicken livers in anise oil,,,,
    the past couple of times the fishing was terrible,,,
    a good lake right now producing some verryyyyyy nice catfish is brady lake,,our last trip produced around 40 plus catfish.....
    let me know if I can help,, enjoy San Angelo,,,,,

10. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I lived there for 15 years and almost always caught fish at the warm water channel. There is a fishing pier just past the warm water channel that I have caught a lot of crappie and catfish off of.
    Hope this helps.:wink:

11. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    late yesterday the crappie started biting again. i am going to the hot water discharge to look for that pier this afternoon. most of the crappie are small, but you get a keeper every 4 or 5 fish.

12. CatfishHntr

CatfishHntr New Member

State:
    Texas
    All the time. Got's some good flathead's . Can catch a little bit of everything. Good Luck!

13. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    The fishing pier is past the warm water plant off Knickerbocker. You will pass the KOA campground and the long bridge. Start looking to the right. It is right after the bridge. If you get to the airport, you have gone too far.

14. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Well, Tufffishm, how about a hunting and fishing report?:big_smile:

Jim