Lake murry stink bait

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by longbow310, Apr 23, 2008.

1. longbow310

longbow310 New Member

State:
    sc
    What is a good stink bait for lake murray (fishing from a dock or the bank) ?
    Is rustys good?

2. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    welcome to boc great tips in boc lib:smile2:

3. Allen42

Allen42 New Member

State:
    South Carolina /Lake Murray
    Zack if you have a spot that your thinking of fishing for cats ,This is what my cousin & I used to do & it worked like a charm ! He worked for winn dixie & he had everybody save any canned cat or dog food for him that was damaged, he would save it up, the week before we were going to camp & fish we would poke holes in the cans & toss them out in 2 different places, one for him & one for me. the Next week would would fish those areas with any kind of bait & do really well !! I will say that in lookinh back we should have used a weighted cotton sack Tied it off instead of throwing metal cans in the water :embarassed: I would never do that now that I know better ! Good luck & try baiting you a honey hole up !

4. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm not sure about Murray, but we have always had our best luck using Junies Catracker. Have tried several different kinds and Junies sewer bait seems to do the best. Hope this helps

5. CarolinaRig

CarolinaRig New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I only use Stink Bait for chum, you can buy 1gal buckets at Wal-Mart and stick holes in the sides...drop the buckets in the water and go Bream fishing for a couple of hours, then come back and use your live Bream as bait! I always tie length of rope to my bait buckets so I can pull them up when its time to leave!