Lake Murry Catfishing Report

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bulldog1, Nov 29, 2009.

1. bulldog1

bulldog1 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Fished saturday, caught 4 blues 15 to 20 lbs, 10 channel 5 to 10 lbs. water was 56 deg. Fish was hitting alittle weird at times. could have been stripers? I had somthing on big for about 30 seconds, pelling drag and he come off. o well that fishing huh, :embarassed: maybe next time. wind was flat so had to us trolling motor alot. the fish just cut off about 1:00 pm. fished on listening to a great football game on the radio. Thanks to you guys for all the great fishing reports. Think I"ll try greenwood friday. Hope you have a God Bless week, :big_smile:

2. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    great report thats fishing cant get all the big ones:big_smile:

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Nice catch Butch!:wink: Thanks for the report.

4. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Wow, posted a reply about Butch being a fast learner and it didn't go through. Maybe I am a slow learner!

God Bless All,
    Steve

5. bulldog1

bulldog1 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I had a good teacher, Thanks, :smile2:

6. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
  7. rookietocatfish

rookietocatfish New Member

State:
    south carolina
    enjoyed fishing with Butch again only thing i did not like was listening to the ballgame o well can't win them all but enjoyed the fellowship with butch and his nephew wished he could have brought that big one in

8. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    lake Murray is spelled MURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. bulldog1

bulldog1 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    My spelling and typing is about like my fishing. Some days its good and somedays it ain:t:embarassed:

10. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey man the spelling is based on which side of the lake your on... New Berry to Batesburg it's spelled Murry... Chapin to Lexington it's spelled Murray....:wink: J/k

11. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    I've gotta get over to Murray and see what all the commotion is about. Tomorrow is as good a day as any, so that's where I'll be tomorrow. By the way Murray is spelled C-A-T-F-I-S-H, as far as I'm concerned.

We'll let you know how we do sometime Friday (I'll get back too late tomorrow night) Sure hope for a CAT SMACKDOWN :big_smile: :embarassed: ????

12. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    One day i will let you guys hear how i use to pronounce Moultrie:smile2::smile2:
    Even my clients use to try to correct me.:embarassed:

13. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    Hey that storm yesterday really scattered what little brains Murray's catfish had. We fished from 12' to 60' of water looking for them. Only found a few, but they were nice. Largest channel was about 10 lbs.

It was cold, windy, and partly sunny. You know, a great day to be on the water. Bait of choice (their's) was blue-back herring. Lost one peice of shrimp. One good thing though, caught everything that bit except one nibble.

Got my first (that I recognized) White Catfish. Yea, the big headed, short guys that really look funny. That's the ones. I was going to see how they taste tonight, but the wife had dinner waiting for me when I got home, and I like a happy home, so I sat down and ate pork chops instead. Oh well, the White Catfish will taste just as good for lunch tomorrow.

I really want to thank Pop Pop for going fishing with me today. A good day on the water is always better when it's shared.