Lake murray

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by longbow310, Nov 13, 2008.

1. longbow310

longbow310 New Member

State:
    sc
    I was just wondering how the catfishing on lake murray has been? I havn't been there lately because of deer season.

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Zach, I haven't been myself but have a few friends that catfish there regularly. I think their most recent trip they caught good numbers of fish but no biguns. If you go let us know. :wink:

3. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    the catfishin on Murray right now is smokin hot..i've been catchin channel cats over ten pounds,but i'm drift fishin in the channels in the creeks in 40 to 50 feet of water. if your fishin off the bank you need to bundle up and fish at night, they should come up shallower at night to feed. day fishin is deep fishin.. good luck..

4. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Tony, when are you going and can I come along sometime? I have a boat if need be. I haven't had much luck with cats in the lake only up the rivers. Mind helpin a brotha out? :wink:

5. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    i work at lighthouse marina wednesday through saturday. i fish every sunday monday and tuesday, all year long!!! so any of those days that i'm off is fine. this past tuesday i caught channel cats and a few white cats all day long!!! i live very close to rocky creek and big hollow creek if that tells ya anything.. hint,hint!! also buffalo creek..but you must drift fish to cover water. i only anchor when the wind is blowing hard. i fish out of a 19 foot bay boat.