Lake Murray

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfisherokie, Apr 6, 2008.

1. catfisherokie

catfisherokie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Anyone know how the catfishing is on Lake Murray? I have never fished there and was thinking about giving it a shot.

2. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i aint been there since i was a kid but was thinking the same thing about giving it a try.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Never heard of it being particularly good for catfish. Bass and crappie -yes. Catfish...think I'd go to lake Ft. Cobb.

4. catfisherokie

catfisherokie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    was hoping it was a decent catfish lake. Already fished Cobb this year. Looking for some new water for tournaments.

5. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    If you're comin down this way, you might as well go on over to Texoma to do the catfishin. I've been fishin Murray for years only cause I lived here with minimal success. There are some fish in there, but not nearly as much fun as Texoma is. You never know what you're going to reel in from there!

6. ahoki

ahoki New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I visit lake murray several times a year for scuba diving at the marietta landing area. There arent ALOT of cats in that lake. We see a few while diving, but very few. The few we did see were nice sized though. Every year i throw a few poles for cats and have never caught one.

Keep in mind thats the marietta landing area..... I cant be sure about other parts of the lake. Either way, if your looking for cats and you want a new venture and your going that far south, i'd head to texoma...... they got the big uns!!

Good Luck, Micah