Lake Murray

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by fattiresc, Jan 22, 2006.

1. fattiresc

fattiresc New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Anyone out there Catfish on Lake Murray? I realize that Santee is a great place to catfish, biggest cat I ever caught was right down from Stumphole Landing. But I live and work in Columbia and my boat is on Lake Murray near the dam.

Anyone catfish lake murray? I have caught a few, none larger than 5 or 6 pounds and never very many at one time. I want to get on some big uns. Any info is appreciated. I normally fish with cut herring.

~Jason

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jason, welcome to the BOC. I've never fished Murray, but have always been interested in those waters. Do you fish a lot for cats? I understand there are plenty of cats in Murray, would like to hear more.

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Tonys got the pattern down for cats at Murray he'll post soon.

4. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    oh my god!! someone other than me is fishin Murray for cats!!!! yeehaa!!! let me first start off by sayin that Murray can be a tough stubborn you know what at times!! but to me this lake for cats is just as good as santee!! no lie!! Murray is big time underfished for cats!! everybody here is bass,striper,and bream fishermen!! I work at lighthouse marina! I live on shull island!! this lake has it all!! blues,bullheads,channels,whites and flatheads!! the hot bite right now is around wesinger island in about fifty feet of water!! try using for bait,bream heads,cut white perch and fresh cut herring!! some days they will yank your white perch like freight trains, and the same with bream heads!! these are the three main baits that i use!! the white perch bite right now is screaming hot! i've been catchin two and three pounders, nice eating! save the heads for catfish bait! there catchin bream in 17 to 20 feet of water on crickets around points! bait you use for cats must be fresh and not frozen! knock the scales off the bream and white perch!! i could go on for hours, so any questions at all let me know and welcome to the greatest catfish site in the whole universe!!!
    good cattin to all!!!!!

5. fattiresc

fattiresc New Member

State:
    South Carolina

AWESOME, thanks for the advice Tony! When I get my boat running again and into the water I will holler at you for the latest. Should be about 4 weeks, gotta do a good bit of clean up and engine work.

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I hope to make it down sometime after the water comes back up. I might be a while though because I work Thur-Sunday and its hard to get down there.