Lake Murray

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CoonX, Apr 9, 2007.

1. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Going down to Lake Murray for the weekend, Friday through Sunday.
    Will be over at Buzzards Roost, I'm not sure which camp sites yet.
    http://www.oklahomaparks.com/images/map_park/LakeMurray.pdf
    Will mainly be carp fishing, yes C&R on carp, but will have a few rods set out for cats.
    There'll be a few others from a different forum there, but would like to have some catters out there as well.
    Will post more info as I can get it.
    Will

2. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Wish I could join you... unfortunately the oil cartel stranglehold has limited my fishing options... I can't afford more than one tankful per week now. :angry:

(And they say that gasoline prices don't affect the economy! All I can say is BULL SHIRT!)

3. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma

Hey Albert, I'd be happy to cover the fuel for another great fishing experience on the Arkansas!:big_smile:

4. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Put your money where your mouth is! Let's go!

I ain't been fishin but three times this week... I'm gettin withdrawal!:sad2:

The river is rolling, as big as it usually gets in the spring... The blues and flats are really having a heyday...

The spoonies are out in force too.:big_smile:

5. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Week late but here's the report.
    Got down there Thursday afternoon. After setting up, I helped Leonard net a 16lb carp that had a belly full of eggs. Baitboat Charlie, had a couple of runs but lost them.
    On Friday, after the storm passed through, I got my rods out and at 11am I caught a nice little 20lb Smallmouth Buffalo on a hair rigged nightcrawler. That was the only bite I had for the weekend. Leonard and Charlie was able to catch a few more carp and lost quite a few more.
    Went home on Saturday when the temps was too cold to be comfortable.
    Will
    p.s. Lake surface on Thursday was 58º, Friday was 59º and Saturday morning was 55º

Attached Files: