Lake Murray

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by TDawgNOk, Aug 16, 2005.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Lake Murray is located in Carter County, 2 miles S of Ardmore, OK. It has 5,728 surface acres, 67 miles of shoreline, and an average depth of 26ft. Impounded in
    1929, it one of the oldest major lakes in OK. Fishing is good for a variety
    of species including crappie, catfish, carp, sand bass, walleye, and sunfish.
    Lots of boulders and rip-rap.

2. okie catfish hunter

okie catfish hunter Member

State:
    Ponca City, OK
    I just found out I'll be at a retreat for work at the state lodge at Lake Murray the last weekend in March. Anyone know anything about this lake ?
    Bank fishing spots ? Or should I just go to Texoma for a little catfishing ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Dave

3. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    Dave, is a great fishing lake! It's a clear water lake, you need to stop by and feed the catfish and huge carp at lake murray marina ask for tommy or denise white they own the marina and can give you an updated fishing report. It's a really cool area. Channel cats are real popular catch and they also have a few blues. I've only caught channels. Good Luck!:)

4. okie catfish hunter

okie catfish hunter Member

State:
    Ponca City, OK
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. Would it be worth my while to bring a cast net, is bait close enough to a dock or shore to do any good or do I need to bring bait with me? I'll bring DK anyway but I like to have natural bait as well.