Lake Murray

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by zebcohobo202, Aug 31, 2005.

1. zebcohobo202

zebcohobo202 New Member

Just figured I'd start a Lake Murray thread. I haven't heard of anyone fishing Murray much. I live a few miles away so it's my lake of choice. If anyone else lives close by and wants to fish let me know I'm always game.

2. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    hey
    the fishin on Murray for cats is not good at all and hasn't been for a month! I live on schull island so Murray is definetly my home lake!! i haven't fished for cats on Murray in a month! but believe you me, once it cools down i'll be on it like flies on a dead possum!! so anytime you want to hook up let me know! I work at Lighthouse Marina! so i'll know for sure when the bite takes off!!!
    good cattin to all!!!!

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Glad to see you made Tony.

4. zebcohobo202

zebcohobo202 New Member

That sounds great Tony! I've been walking the bank around Murray for years with mixed results. I just came into my first boat and am really anxious to explore all the spots I couldn't get to before. Let me know when you're ready to give them a try. I'm heading out for striper this weekend. I'll put in at the dam and drift/troll the river run out in front of the towers. Lets fish soon.

5. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    yeah we'll fish soon!!cooler weather should'nt be that much farther away!! then things will get real good real fast!!!
    glad to see your still kicking out there Riverratt!!!
    good cattin to all!!!

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Seems like I read that the water level in Murray is going to be dropped again in November (?) for some more dam repairs. How will that affect the fishing .

7. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    well to me it should make it better!!! less water to fish!! there going to lower the lake again to put new rip rap on the dam for erosion purposes! at least thats what i've heard. good cattin to all!!!