lake murray

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tigerman10, Jul 17, 2009.

1. tigerman10

tigerman10 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Headed out to lake murray first thing in the morning to go up the saluda a little ways. Probably wont catch any big ones up there but maybe a good mess of 5 or 6lb'ers. Anybody got any suggestions on bait or depths or locations etc????

2. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    if your going up river i would fish the shallow flats off the main river channel first, if that doesn't work then i would find the deepest water possible, cut bait is the way to go. by 10am i would be headed to the house, boat traffic will get bad quickly. and it's gonna be to stinkin hot!! good luck...

3. tigerman10

tigerman10 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    well I just got back home from the river and we got our buts handed to us. I caught two gar and some bream and white perch with absolutley no catfish!!! We fished deep, shallow, alot of current, not much current, trees, rocks, channels, stumpsand creek mouths and might have had three catfish bites on dip bait all day. One of the gar I was able to catch was about 5ft long and 30+lbs!! But I had a great time and cant wait til I can get on the water again.