Lake Murray Smackdown 12/06

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Dec 6, 2008.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Bruce and I loaded up this morning ready to smack some cats on the head and let'em know the Smack attack was in full effect. We had a great day of fun and catches. We ended with 20 cats and averaged over 10 lbs a cat with the largest at 16 lbs. we used gizzard shad and herring for bait and they liked both. Bruce will post a few pics later as the batteries died in my cam.

All cats were Smacked on the head and quickly CPR'd. They might have a head ache and a sore mouth, But they still alive.:wink:

2. bowler man

bowler man Active Member

State:
    nc
    sounded like a great day on the water, i have never fished murray may have to come up that way and give her a try :smile2:

3. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Way ro go Team Smackdown!!!

Glad you guys had such a great day on the lake!:wink:

4. flying_v_64

flying_v_64 New Member

State:
    NC
    Great day Pop Pop. Wish I could have been ther with you guys to try out my new ABU 6500 CL. Looks like they were takin' the bait!:smile2:

5. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Nice fishing day it was for you. One day I'll come up there and give that lake a try. My heart is still with Santee though.....:roll_eyes:

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congrats on another great day on the water. Looks like yall have them cornerd on Murray. :wink:

7. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    here are the pictures

Attached Files:

8. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    this one picture is of us pulling steve b124,boat to the fish:smile2:

Attached Files:

9. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    there must be a good story there!

10. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Steves motor would not go into gear and he was trying to fish using the trolling motor. The wind was pushing him towards the bank and hitting him from the side. So we pulled him into the wind for a long ways. That way he could drift with the wind.

11. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I don't even know what to think? :eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

I have helped friends, and even some I really didn't know, with a tip or a nugget of "Smackdown Knowledge", BUT I NEVER PULLED THEIR BOAT TO MY HONEY HOLE!!!:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Steve, See how nice and considerate Team Smackdown is?.............................Don't ever try that on tourney day though! :wink::smile2:

Glad ya'll had fun, I'm looking forward to fishing with ya'll real soon!!

12. preacherfisherman

preacherfisherman Member

State:
    SC
    Name:
    Tommy
    Its always good to help out a fellow fisherman in need because you never know when your going to need help yourself.

13. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Man ya'll got no mercy on them cats do ya, LOL . You guys always take good pics too ....must be all the practice ya'll get ; )

Good job guys.

-Jim-

14. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Okay guys, lets set the story straight. I was showing Pop pop and Bruce my Indian rope trick. I was using the rope to push Bruce's boat up the lake and out of my way so I could get on the fish. It was a tough push with Pop pop on board.

My 15 year old son was with me that day. I let him be the "rod man" to try to get him interested again. He managed to get 3 new personal bests, all within 10 minutes of each other. He got a 10 lb channel, a 16 lb blue and a 18 lb blue. I hope he gets the cat fever now. He only let old dad catch 1 nice blue.

By the way, Bruce, Dylan is lusting after your boat, probably any boat that would go into gear. And Pop pop, he said "dang that's a big man!" We heard someone yelling on the lake, Dylan said Pop pop must of caught one!

15. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Team Smackdown in action!!

16. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    It's a seldom told story, but unfortunately Pop Pop has a slight case of Tourette's Syndrome :crazy: So every now & then he has a tendancy to yell something unintelligible out loud, bless his heart. I've been trying to get him to get back on his meds, but he claims that the meds & his Man Colas don't interact well, and produce a very noticeable "odiferous" side-effect :eek:oooh: So that's why you can often hear him a'whoopin' and a'hollerin :smile2:

17. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Pat, you have done a really good job of explaining that. Thanks.

18. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    yall better quit pickin on pop pop,i going to turn him loose on yall:wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

19. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Ever hear pop pop speak in tongues while he's grabbing for a rod? You'll never hear anything funnier....:smile2:

20. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    LOL.....Pop pop's a big ol' man-cola sluggin' redneck, but he's still our brother. He's fished with me before, in the "Bob" (long story), and he didn't throw me out. I guess that means he can kinda-sorta-maybe stand me....:smile2::smile2: