Lake Murray Saturday and Tuesday

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Feb 11, 2009.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I got to fish Murray This past Saturday and yesterday. Saturday was a really gusty day, but caught 5 with a 27 pounder the top fish. All were quality fish and came out of 45 - 55 feet of water on cut herring.

Yesterday the fish were in 35 to 40 feet of water. I caught 10, the largest weighed 21 pounds. The water warmed up 3 degrees since Saturday.

That was my last trip on my old bass boat, I sold it yesterday. I have bought a 16 foot center console boat to replace it. I still need to sell my 15 foot semi vee and 15 hp electric start Johnson. I will run it on the for sale thread later, I have to go get my knee scoped this morning.

God Bless All,
    Steve

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Glad ya got back out on the water Steve. Nice catch and thanks for the report.

3. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    thats awesome Steve, glad you had a good time!!!

4. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Nice catch...how much you selling that boat for? Figured I'd ask since I am in the market.

5. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    The boat is an older 15 foot semi vee Alumnacraft with a late model 15 hp electric start Johnson and a 44 pound motorguide trolling motor. I put a new battery in yesterday. The boat is good and dry, no leaks at all. The motor is the best motor I've ever owned. The motor is a 94 model, bought in 96, and then sat for several years due the owners health and then death. When I got it a dealer went through it, cleaned the carbs and replaced the water pump. It has never turned over more than twice before starting. Starts very easy and runs perfect. The trailor is in good shape, lights all work and has a good tires with a spare included.

To a member, I'll take $1350. Anyone else it's $1500.

God Bless All,
    Steve

6. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    steve you got any pictures

7. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Bruce I haven't taken any yet, but just got a new digital camera, so I can get some this week end if Harper81 doesn't take the boat. He is driving up this morning to look at it.

God Bless All,
    Steve

8. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Boat is sold. I hope that Harper81 gets as good of service and luck out of her as I did.

9. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Nice catches at Murray Bro.!!!! I am most impressed with how you made $1k on a thread about Murray!! :wink::smile2::smile2:
    How is that knee feeling?

10. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks Jon,
    The knee is okay. I totally forgot about it yesterday. I volunteer on an industrial rescue squad and a caught a call at 0745 yesterday for a man in total cardiac and respitory arrest. I was on scene in less than 4 minutes, but it looked hopeless. A little cpr, O2 and defibulation, and a lot of prayer did the trick. He's still with us today. I was on such a high from the adrineline that I never thought about my knee.

As for the boats, I feel nekkid man. :eek:oooh: First time in a while without a boat in the yard. It'll be mid week before I can get my new (used) boat.

11. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Yes I was drifting, thats about all I ever do.

12. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I hope you wasn't nekkid when giving CPR!!!:eek:oooh: Imagine waking up to a nekkid man kissin ya?:smile2::smile2::smile2: You right about the PRAYER Brother, God is good all the time!

Steve B. I knowed you was a lot of thangs but, never knew you were a drifter! :wink::smile2::smile2:

13. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    YEAH, I'M JUST DRIFTING THROUGH THIS LIFE. Oops, caps lock was on. I have it on good authority that Harper81 has been seen motoring around on the river in his new boat!

Steve

14. Big_cat_hunter

Big_cat_hunter New Member

State:
    Saluda, SC
    Hi, Steve. Congrats on some great fishing! When you're drifting in that deep of water are you varying the depth of your bait, bouncing it across the bottom, or both? I live on Murray, but I've never tried for the cats. I always drive to Santee to go with a buddy. I'm looking to keep it closer to home so the kids can go with me more often. Any tips on the way you rig the bait would be helpful also. Thanks.

15. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I always have most of baits making bottom contact. Sometimes, if I see a lot of suspended fish I will set set a down rod with a line counter to just above the depth I see the fish at. I catch a lot more on the bottom, but occasionally I will pick up something on the down rod. A buddy just told of a technique for suspended fish called power cranking. He sets the bait under the fish and when he marks them on the depth finder he reels up quickly passing the bait in front of the fish. He claims that this triggers the bite and that he has a lot of luck with it. I haven't tried it, but it make sense.

God Bless All,
    Steve

16. Big_cat_hunter

Big_cat_hunter New Member

State:
    Saluda, SC
    Thanks for the info Steve. Keep the reports coming and good luck!