Lake Murray catfish

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Scuba2u2, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Scuba2u2

Scuba2u2 New Member

State:
    Lake Murray, South Carolina
    Is anyone "diggin" the cats out on Lake Murray. I caught 3 about 7# a week ago on the west end on cut herring.

Thanks

:tounge_out:

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, Randy!!!! I may be going out to Murray towards the middle of the week: do you know if are there any marinas still open where I may be able to rent a slip for a coupla days?

3. Scuba2u2

Scuba2u2 New Member

State:
    Hi Patmansc

There are 2 I know are still open.

River Marina 803-364-0036 just off hw 391. also has cabins for about $75 a night with own dock.

Another is near dreher is. state park. Marx marina 803-364-0118

Let me know how you do,

4. AgentDuder

AgentDuder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    since yall are talking about marinas. what the deal with the one at Dreher Island. I cant find any information about it at all....I dont even see it mentioned on the web site. Just wondering.

Thanks

5. Scuba2u2

Scuba2u2 New Member

State:
    Hi, Dreher Is. A State park run landing. This landing can be found under Dreher Is. Sate park.... Hope this helps. Let me know if you need additional info,

6. AgentDuder

AgentDuder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I was wondering about the slips on the back side of the Island. I cant find any info on them.

Thanks.

7. Scuba2u2

Scuba2u2 New Member

State:
    I know the slips you are talking about...hmmm I am not sure about those either. I will try to find out. I have to show property later today by water near Captains choice marine today. May do a little fishing while I,m out.

8. AgentDuder

AgentDuder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have another question for you. I have a 21' cc with a v type hull. Earlier this ear I was putting in at the park and ramp before you get to Hollands. The last time I was there I had to push the boat off and winch it back on. I was wondering is there enough water to use the tournament ramps at Dreher. I figure there is evough water to use the regular ramps but its so crowed in the marnia. They are steaper though.

Thanks

9. Scuba2u2

Scuba2u2 New Member

State:
    You dont want to use the park ramp by Hollands...its shallow. Dreher should be good. Or you could use Hollands.

Hope this helps,
    Randy