Lake Murray Catfish on fire

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dknight, May 16, 2009.

1. dknight

dknight New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yea, much fun. maybe tonight we will get on some blues.

2. dknight

dknight New Member

State:
    South Carolina

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Great catch guys. glad ya had lots of fun.

4. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    What kind of bait did you catch them on?

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    sounds like a good trip. I use to fish murray all the time. I'll tell you where a hot spot for channel cat is just around the corner of putnams marina there is a board walk that goes out to a tiny little island about 150 yards out, its call westwod point.achannel runs under that board walk close to the islandand the channel cats get stacked there . Or go up north of putnams to bear island and fish between the island and range point in the channel, both of these spots have been hot for me. use fresh shad if possible. if u need shad there is a dock light just across the cove from putnams toward timberlake. I would throw a net under that light, the shad are attracted to the bright light. if no luck there shoot around the corner to scottys key and cast in the shallow water around the shore.

6. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    try again on the new moon, where ya'll fishin at?{where on the lake}

7. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    to each his own my brother, i had to limit my fishin to primetimes{wife aint to happy about playin second fiddle to my hobbies}:wink: