Lake Murray 12/10, 12/11, 12/12

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tony, Dec 13, 2006.

1. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    caught over 60 blues the last three days! all between 5 and 15 pounds! the weather still isn't right for the big boys! needs to get colder for them to move up!! i think i'm going to go further up towards the main lake and search for some big ones! good to see chrisblue out there sunday afternoon! it's nice to see people who are online this site!! have a great week,!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Man oh live your on fire. I might be coming down later this month are next month I know me and a friend of mine are going to fish when I do come down. I will let you know maybe we can all get together and fish. See ya later

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Tony! That sounds like so much fun :big_smile:

4. TCALL

TCALL New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Tony...what part of the lake are you fishing??? Are you drifting or achoring???

I usually fish Murray for stripers in the spring, summer and fall...but have been planning a trip for cats....might get out this weekend if all goes well.

5. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    yes it's been really,really good!!!! i'm drift fishing from river bend point rec area #4! the entire area has been great! havin alot of fun!!!

6. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Tony I was thinkin the same thing about bigger ones being a little farther down the lake.

7. 4JS

4JS Member

State:
    South Carolina
    What are you using for bait? What kind of rig?
    Never fished Murray before, but have always wanted to.
    Thanks

8. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    hey chrisblue! yeah i think i'm gonna move up a ways! not to far but a little bit at a time! it's suppose to be in the 70"s the next few days so that won't help a thing! were not gettin much cold weather right now!
    hey 4JS, i'm drift fishin with cut herring!!!