lake Murray 11/05/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Nov 5, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Cutbait101 and I hit the big Murray today, joined by his son, the Hartwell bass assassin, Big Daddy! We found the fishing tougher than Saturday, as the fish were scattered and the bites were far and in-between. We had a great time with lots of fun and laughs. We drifted bluebacks and ended with 15 fish spanked. 12 nice cats, most in the 10 to 11 lb range and 3 stripers. The big fish eluded us today, but thatÂ’s OK. Well be back!
    It was a pleasure, as always, to talk with SteveB and Gotta go when they came by for a chat. Good ole boys!:wink:

Pop Pop

2. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    nice report to bad we cant put the spankin on a monster every time

3. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Nice catch pop pop! Have never fished Murray but do plan in the near future! I bet you left your lucky charm(sunbird):smile2: at home,didn't you?

4. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    wesley how did that motor run? Keep it running us Ga. boys will be back up in april for sure for a weekend of fun , food and fishing and fellow ship or bull shi-!!!!!!!!!!

5. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Way to go Pop Pop! It must have picked up after lunch. My African friend caught his very first fish and had a ball. When it started to white cap he wanted to come off the water, then! we managed 9 fish, 22 pounds 15 ounces for our top fish. Here is a picture of Joe with his first ever fish

P1010047.jpg

P1010048.jpg

P1010049.jpg

6. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Oh yeah, Nice to meet you cutbait and big daddy. Sorry I missed you gotta go. For the most part catters is a nice bunch of folks. :roll_eyes: Then you got sunbird and pop pop to have to mess up everything.:smile2: Just kidding guys, well, at least about pop pop.:wink: My dad used to say that humans was the craziest people he knew.

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Wtg guys ; )

TANDFIH
    -Jim-

Everyones is saying...what the heck does that mean ; )~

8. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Good to see Pop Pop and his gang, hate i missed Steve, i really didn't know what boat to look for so i just waved at them all. We did manage about 10 nicecats with a 30lb fish to boot (weighed on my new BOC scales, man i like them things, fish can twist all he wants) Marvin caught the big boy and Leroy lost a big fish (claimed it was bigger than Marvins)
    We ended up with a map of the place to plan our drifts cause it was hard to keep up with Pop Pop. Had a great day and look forward to future trips.

Attached Files:

9. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    First fish of the day. Man i like that place. I use to fish up river but never in this area. It would be easy to get lost at night. :big_smile: It was also good to have Marvin aboard, he knew the area and took me right to the landing. The CCC has got me weighing my top 3 fish and we did end up with a 3 fish total of over 60 lbs. Great day for the first trip, can't wait for the next one.:wink:
    Sorry, all fish CPCE (catch, photo,cleaned and eaten by Marvin and friends)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  10. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    just like to say me and big daddy had a great time smacking those kittys and meeting a few of the boc guys.my sides are still hurting from laughing all day at pop pop and big daddy.good day of fishing with good company.:smile2::big_smile:

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    God reports from all. Looks like everyone had a great time!

Bill in SC

12. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks Pop Pop for all the info, it was so much easier to use the ramp at the bridge than trying to find Spinners. It also took miles and time from our driving. Also thanks for the info after we got there, it put us on some nice catfish. Thanks buddy:big_smile:

13. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Man, sounds like it was a regular BOC flotilla on the water :crazy: Glad that e'rybody had a good time and caught a few fishies :smile2:

14. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Great job guys! Glad everyone is catching some fish!

Steve R.