Lake Murray-10/14,10/15,10/16

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tony, Oct 17, 2007.

1. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    Murray is fixin to heat up!!! the last three days i've caught probably over a 100 pounds of catfish!! channels from five to ten pounds!! and blues from five to fifteen pounds!! caught them all drift fishing with fresh cut herring. so everybody have a great week!!!

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    I think its getting good everywhere. Hartwell has pick up here lately.

3. steelytom

steelytom New Member

State:
    Cola, SC
    If you don't mind sharing, what type of water were you fishing. I am not looking for your spot, just the kind of water. (ie. 30' humps, creek channels, river, points) I am trying to figure out cats on murray and would appreciate any help.

4. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    murray cats can be your best friend or your worst nightmare!! this lake is big and intimidating!! all these years of cattin on this big beast can test your nerves!! the biggest thing i've learned is if your not seeing bait, they won't be there!! right now i'm drift fishin in the backs of creeks where theres bait!! and up in the river where theres bait. no bait no cats!!!humps are only good for me in the heat of summer!! hope this helps!! good luck!!!