Lake Murray 01/14/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Jan 14, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Sunbird and I loaded up and hit Murray this morning. It was a COLD boat ride! But we were ready to go get'em. Today was tons of fun and laughs all day and we had blast. Used herring for bait and ended with 18 cats from 8 to 15 lbs.
    The water was stained as Murray looked at full pool, and the bait scattered, Water temp 50 degrees.
    DNR was in full force today, and doing a good job! Thats what we told'em anyway! And they weren't thirsty!:smile2:
    It was a great day.

2. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Sounds like a great day, Pop. Good company and good times, it dont get no better.:smile2:

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    You got that right! I'm ready to go again. Ol Sunbirds a great guy.

4. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Way to go pop pop and sunbird:wink::wink: , hope I can tuff it on sat. and catch some cat's.

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Good to talk to you today Pop Pop.
    I was just thinking at work about fishing when Sunbird texted those cat pictures. It was like an oasis in the middle of the desert.
    Later,
    Lindsay

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I had a blast fishin with Pop Pop on Murray today! :wink:
    We were joined on the water by Buster1395 and his friend Mel. We scouted out an area and declared a SMACKDOWN! :eek:oooh: We boated 9 fish on one drift early in the afternoon. Fish on!!
    Here are a few pics, we were so busy pullin the trigger we didn't have much time for pics! I know it "must be nice". I was!!!!

Pop Pop.............I'm at a loss for words Brother. You are all heart and one cat smackin cool cat! I had mucho fun and learned a lot from the Smackdown Profesor himself. Look forward to doing it again real soon.

Now, James the Smackdown attack is comin to your neck of the woods! :eek:oooh:
    BUCKLE UP!!:smile2::smile2:

Attached Files:

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Glad to hear ya'll having so much fun out there ; )

Good job guys.

-Jim-

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Glad to hear ya'll having so much fun out there ; )>

And... I am anxious to join you!! :wink:

Bill in SC

9. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    I swear I aint jealous.......

* sits in the corner and pouts *...LOL

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Just say the word, Jim! We'll line up a trip!

Bill in SC

11. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    If I can ever get out of here Bill I sure will. Been wanting to fish with ya for a while now . We'll have our taxes done early and maybe momma will let me out on good behavior and I'll get to come see ya .

Thanks for the invite...I'll take ya up on it asap..I promise.

So many good folks to fish with around here....and so little time to do it ; )

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Jim, YOU fished over ONE HUNDRED days last year! I'm sure you can grace me with your presence for ONE day! :wink::smile2::wink: Winyah Bay is HOT, or we can line up a Santee trip. Your choice!

BB

13. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I'm gonna have to buy a house boat and call it "The Smackdown Shack"
    We will take it to different lakes for a season and all come and go as we please! :wink:

Any donations?:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    From what I've read, it sounds like y'all had a good time today. From what I HEARD over the phone, it sounded like y'all had a GREAT time today! :smile2: Jon, it was good talking to you again. Oh, and Doug, I did call Chris and told him y'all were wearin' 'em out. All he could do was laugh.....:smile2::smile2:

15. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Your make a good argument there, LOL . The main reason I fish so much is because it costs me $5 in gas to go fishing.......not bad eh ? Heck I've stayed out there for 2 days just to save the $5, LOL . If my unemployed arse can ever get back to work things will all be good. But for now momma pays the bills so I try not to make things worse by going to far from home.

Oh and then today we get a letter from the land lord about him increasing our rent.....oh great, LOL .

-Jim-

16. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Jim if you need to move the family into "The Smackdown Shack" go right ahead. You know with the economy bopping along so good we all may end up in the shack.............eatin fish!:smile2:

17. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Imagine all of us on one boat...whatta riot that would be !!!

18. JimmyJonny

State:
    sc
    Hey Pat I see you lurking around down there . I found you something for your little stream out back. He is living it up in the house for now..pretty neat little critter. I been watchin him, haven't learned a dam thing but he is neat.

http://usera.ImageCave.com/JimmyJonny/100_3215.jpg

19. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I FULLY understand "livin' close". I doubt if many folks here operate on a tighter budget than I do! :eek:oooh: That said, if you can get yourself down this way, we'll take care of the rest.

Bill in SC