Lake Moutrie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jk888, Oct 22, 2007.

1. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    My wife and I went fishing with the world renowed Roundhill and his lovely wife yesterday.
    We did not catch any big fish but caught a lot of good eating fish.
    We used Herring and drift fish in 30 to 40 feet of water out from Short Stay.
    Roundhill did show me some of his fishing tricks but I am sure he kept some still in the bag.

The lake is really low, one note Angels Landing is not usable. You can put in but just can't get out to the lake.

I want think Roundhill (Ron Howard) and his wife for taking us fishing while our boat is setting in mud.

Jim

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jim, I guess you're pretty much landlocked now, with Angel's that low. I have some pics that someone sent me from that area.
    I was on Lake Marion today, above I-95, and it has a whole lot more exposed areas now that when I was last up there a couple of weeks back. I had to take different routes to get where I needed to be on the flats, and the river channel above the state park is only a couple of feet deep in places. A bonus, maybe, is that the current is more confined to the river below the blowout and stumphole, so it might help wash some of the silt out of the channel in that area. When it gets close to the state park, though, most of the current continues along the south shore. This info might help anyone fishing that area.

3. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Tommy you are correct Angels Landing is for the most part is landlocked.

I mentioned to my wife that I might buy a used boat for the short term. You should have seen the smoke coming out of her ears. I thought it was a good idea but she thought it was stupid. She just don't think like I do about fishing. She does like to fish and that is a good thing.

On the Angels Cove side of the lake we seen clumps of stumps that have not been visiable for many many years according to the locals.

You could even see the locks for the Slave canal.

Jim

4. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    jim it was our pleasure to take you an betty out any time im on the lake you are welcome to fish this gos for all brotherhood members and outher guest just give me a call i will be back down wednesday night to sunday whould like someone to fish at night and catch some big fish as i think the night bite is on right now. come on board cell#980-522-1749 home #704-739-1514.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sent you a PM and I will call yu tommorow. Thanks for the open invite.

6. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    What in the world are you thinking???? I happen to think that is a wonderful idea myself, Jim. It is always nice to have a spare around. Don't tell Betty that you want another boat, find one that would fit a ladies lifestyle and one you know that she would love. Or better yet, have her name embroidered in the seats and tell her it's her boat, LOL:big_smile:

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Jim, sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to seek permission. So buy one anyway and tell her afterwards. You could always sell it later, and after all It's so you can take her fishing. Right!:wink:

8. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Cat Lady my only problem is that I have a 2007 Harris Tritoon setting in the mud. So she thinks it is unwise to spend the money on another boat just to use until the water come back up.

But I like the way you think anyway.

9. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Yeah Doug I could do that, but if a bought another boat without talking to her about it first I would be sleeping on the one setting in the mud.

But I like the way you think.

Jim

10. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Jim, I completely understand.:wink: Wish I had a backup Boat that ya could borrow. I hate the idea ya stuck in the mud and can't fish when ya want to.

11. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    Don't feel bad Jim i feel your pain my toon is at rocks pond in the mud also and my aluminium boat has a blown motor!
    P.S. ANYONE GOT A HELICOPTER???

GARY

12. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Yeah Gary I know what you mean. I drove out to Rocks Pond a week or so ago. I could see no one was able to go out to the lake from there.

We need rain or really a Tropical Storm to sit off the coast for abot a week.

Jim

13. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Roundhill,where are you planning on staying for the tournament? I can be there FRIDAY early AM like 0600.Do you have a grill because I can bring some steaks,either ribeyes T-Bones or filets whatever is preferred.Anybody else going to fish the tournament let us know on here and we can plan a cookout.:big_smile::smile2:

14. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The great Roundhill carried myself and jk888 out on a night fishing trip for some great lake moultrie catfishing. We had a great time and I was not use to the luxury of fishing in a pontoon with a full inclosure. It was nice to see a rod load up in the comfort on the inclosure and argue over who would go get it. I think we caught 6 small blues and 1 41LB Flathead. Had a great time and the fellowship was wonderful. Anyone ever get a chance to fish with Roundhill or Jim they are a hoot. They kept me laughing the whole time we were out and I also got to pick Roundhills brain about catfishing in general. Thanks again.

15. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
  16. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I will be there and I might even bring some shrimp for roundhill.LOL

17. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    jim i will be at blacks camper spot #24 we can have a cookout i have a small grill now james them shrimp are talking to me now see you guys soon.

18. BrianD

BrianD Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well fella's, I just want to tell y'all I can't make it this year but I did last year and know I'm missing a good time so I'm real jealous. But i want to wish all you guys a good safe trip with lots of big fish and I hope the winner comes from one of you guys from the BOC here. Again, enjoy your cookout and goodluck.

19. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Talk nice to me and I might just bring some gator too. LOL

20. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    OK Ron ,can you launch from Blacks?I'll see about staying there or at canal lakes..Do you want me to fish with you or do you have a crew? I am good to go either way ,just a matter of whether I bring my boat or not.Maybe Tommy would want to fish also.:big_smile:Anybody else coming down for the tourney.Mike?the other Ron?