Lake Mountrie Oct 17

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JDWILLIS39, Oct 19, 2006.

1. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Guided fishing trip on Moultrie Tuesday. Believe it or not had great day of fishing. 24 catfish mostly channels. Biggest fish was blue of 13 lb 14 oz. 4 or 5 fish in 8 to 12 lb range rest in 3 to 5 lb range. Had really great day with really fine guide. I am still amazed the weather did not do as predicted and run us off lake. Did get little rough around 1:00 PM pontoon only fishing (my guess). We were discussing stopping but fish kept biting. We did stop little after 2:00 PM. Was a trip for my youngest son who is leaving for basic training on the 24th. Lord blessed us with super days fishing for him.

2. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Those channels will make some mighty fine eating. Your son was sent off in style for his basic training---we appreciate his service for his country.

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Which guide did you fish with John?

4. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Nice trip JD, I'm glad that yall got into them. Good luck to your son. I appreciate his service.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates to you jd. i know you been trying hard to catch some fish and you got into them with your son. cannot get much better than that. thanks for sharing and to your son also.

6. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    glad you and your son had a good trip and the weather was good, never no what to expect down their. You and your son have a open date at santee next spring for another santee fishing trip, just let me no when you guys want to make plans, your son will be home on leave by that time. I have a 24' pontoon setup for cats and strippers, big blues and flatheads are top of my list. Tell your son i said good luck in the military and to stay safe. Im a old viet-nam vet (seabee) that pulled two tours in vietnam. at 61 also i no how hard it is to send a loveone off to the military. my oldest son just got back about 4 months ago as a ranger in afghanistan.

7. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks Bob will keep that offer in mind. Son likely will not finish AIT until July he is going in Army band. Know what you mean about sending them off. Had one in desert storm. Lot easier to go than to send one.
    Good fishing to you.