Lake moultrie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by snooker_hooker, Aug 10, 2009.

1. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    I will be at short stay Friday night. If anybody wants to join let me know by Thursday night. I think it's $1. Chewy will be there also. We have done good there every time so far. I can get you all in. Good luck to all. Tring to fish as much as I can before I have to go back.

2. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Nick,
    Are you catching anything of decent size up there?
    Matt

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009

3. snooker_hooker

State:
    sc
    We do alright. 1st night caught two. One was about 20-25 and the other was about 5. The next time we got 4 all were 4-5 P
    lbs. We have tried live bait, herring, Shad and we caught them all on peeled shrimp. We were fishing from shore. I will be there Friday night. Matt do you want to put the boat in sat night. I think if we drift that area we will do good. I also have a few more areas that we need a boat to get to. If we use the boat I will split all cost. I have an area to get live bait if you want.

4. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Yeah, we can put the boat in as long as the weather supports. We can fish where ever you want. I haven't been doing much good. I've only dragged shrimp a couple of times this year though. Are you staying up there? I plan on giving you a call thursday night. I need a calm wind since I haven't bought drift socks yet. I havent had any problems though, except one day the wind was blowin across the waves. It didn't work out. If you get the bait, I won't need any gas money as long as we stay on the lower half of moultrie, I won't burn enoughh to matter. If you want to run furthur up, that's fine too. I'm open to whatever.

5. snooker_hooker

State:
    sc
  6. snooker_hooker

State:
    sc
    The only thing I see is the moon being our problem. My buddy went last night and got 5 all were 20 lbs. All caught on large shrimp. He said he tried everything. Drifting the shallows less than 20 ft. Shrimp have to be peeled. I just talked to him and his hands still smell.