lake moultrie??

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nick81, May 15, 2009.

1. nick81

nick81 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hi. going to try and get down to santee and try my luck at lake moultrie. Haven't been down there in quite some time. anyone have a good fishing report or pattern for the lake. gonna try and get a few blues. thanks

2. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Bite is pretty good if you can stay on lake for the thunderstorms. Last couple days run us off lake. Got one small one (4) today in less than an hour but when thunder started I mentioned we might want go and Jim (Jk888)just started rolling up the rods. We have watched it look like storm any minute all afternoon. Good luck but be sure keep eye on weather. Bite has been super in canal from the reports.

3. catmandosimpsonville

catmandosimpsonville New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I am going down this weekend. Memorial Day. I will be there Friday night till Monday morn. I am looking for a fishing report too. ANY of you guys give us some inside information. I am taking my son down for the first time in a LONG time. If any of you out there can help me save face and look like the SUPER dad, :roll_eyes: it would be helpful. Any shared information as to where to go and what times would be greatly appreciated.
    Where you staying Nick?

4. nick81

nick81 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I'll be down on the canal @ hills.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I havent been in a few weeks but I will be there friday and saturday.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I fished today; all the fish I caught were in less than 25' of water except for a couple that came from 35'; drifting threadfin shad on the south wind.

7. nick81

nick81 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    have you been having any luck around angels?? though about setting up a drift near there.

8. catmandosimpsonville

State:
    South Carolina
    Guys its been a LONG time since I have been to Lake Moutrie this time of year. My question, are the blues still on the spawn and where is a good place to start lookng for this fat belly creature?
    I will be in the lower lake and or the canal and would also like to give a flat head a try but have never tried.
    I am looking for some help here please.
    Jimi

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Just come to Canal Lakes Sat morning and have breakfast.I'll tell you all of Tommys and Kens secret spots so you can get there first.:smile2::wink:Everybody stop in and have some breakfast and we can make up a game plan!!!!!!:big_smile:

10. catmandosimpsonville

State:
    South Carolina
    Fred,

You ready to hit the water?:confused2:

11. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    The blues are still spawning; most areas in shallow waters from 3-10' would be the best area to start in, along dikes or submerged timber.