Lake Moultrie with Roundhill

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jk888, Feb 4, 2008.

1. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Capt. Ron and I went this past Saturday and Sunday on Lake Moultrie. The biggest problem there was very little wind. We did manage to catch fish the largest being 25.4 lbs. We were using herring in about 25 ft of water. Water Temp 50 degrees. We fished on the hatchery side between markers 13 and 16. We put in at Canal Lakes when we returned loaded the boat and was pulling up to the top of the ramp DNR came over and ask us to pull over to the side so he could inspect us, creel limit lifevest etc. We were legal in all aspects except being a little on the ugly fat side.
    I have heard that DNR has hired more people and someone told me that they checked alot of people on lake Marion Saturday.
    All and all we had a good time. I will post a picture but at the present my wife is gone with the camera.

Jim

2. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I figured that the DNR would start really checking people since the 1 blue over 36" rule went into effect. Glad to hear you caught fish.

3. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report Jim. Little hard when there is no wind but it sounds like you and Roundhill still managed to catch em. Congrats.

4. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    Did you guys have any problems with launching or loading at Canal Lakes?

5. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    Glad to hear that the DNR is out there enforcing the new size limit!

6. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Mark we did not have a problem. We have launched with the water lower than it is now. I don't think you will have any problems launching at Canal lakes

Jim

7. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    With the Short Stay ramp closed, we will have to launch there Saturday.