Lake Moultrie Weatherbug Info:

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by blackwaterkatz, Jan 3, 2008.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
  2. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks Tommy that is really neat.

3. BUCK

BUCK Guest

thanks for the website

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Tommy I cant get the DNR water site to give a reading.Is something off line???I can get to the click on the stage but when I do it doesnt give a reading.Thanks.:smile2:

5. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jim, I have trouble with that one from time to time, also. Try this link http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=881335#post881335 and scroll down to Cooper River Basin until you get to Lake Moultrie near Pinopolis. You can look at almost any gaging station in the state at this link. Hope this helps. :big_smile:

6. sclariat

sclariat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Can anyone put in at Short Stay or do you have to be military or retired military?
    I hear a lot of people on here talking about Short Stay and it is the only place to put in at the lower lake. Is it a good ramp?
    Thanks

7. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Robert at the present anyone can put in at Short Stay because it is one of the few places on the lower lake that has an open ramp.
    The do charge a small fee.

Jim

8. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Robert, the Short Stay landing is open to everyone right now ($5 fee) until the water comes up enough for the public ramps to open again. The folks there extended the ramp with concrete, and added concrete bags at the end. It is in pretty good shape, but only one lane. :smile2:

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I thinks its good of Short Stay to let the public use their ramps in this time of need.

10. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I've put in at Short Stay 1 time since they opened it to the public. The water was down to the sand below the concrete they added. They are talking about closing the ramp if the water drops any more. I believe that the water has come up about 1 1/2 feet since then. The ramp should be good.

11. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    I used ramp at Short Stay 3/4 times last week. You do go off end of concrete ramp but it is fine. Just go slow and all is good. I was putting in 25 ft pontoon. Did not have any problems but only one place to tie up at dock and sometimes gets pretty busy.:wink: