Lake Moultrie Saturday Nov 4

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by matt22va, Nov 7, 2006.

1. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Drove up to Little River SC to pick up my new 1989 Aqua Patio that I'm pretty stoked about and figured instead of coming back to FL, I would just stay at Short Stay. The wife let me out for a few hours Sat night and it was cold. Fished between the locks and channel marker 1 with shiners. We caught a 2.5lb blue, 5lb channel, and a 10lb flathead. My buddy was out on his boat and I had to give him some shiners because he planned on catching bait, the bait turned out to be slim pickin's. He did manage to catch 2 herring and a 28lb blue on one of those.
    Matt

2. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    i was there on friday night with the wind blowing 15-20 out of the north. i got all the bait that i wanted but not a single fish. my friend matt got 1. glad to see someone caught some at night there. were you drifting or anchored, we did it all that night

3. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    We were anchored since I didn't bring my drift socks. It was more of a trip to pick up the boat than to fish. I didn't even try Fri night but the lake laid down nice on saturday. All fish caught at night.
    matt

4. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    snooker,
    How did you get the bait? Was it on the surface near the dam and you hit them with a net or did you use a sabiki. I'm guessing you got herring or did you catch bream and perch?
    matt

5. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    herring and shad. all were 6 -7 in. cast net