Lake Moultrie Report 8-24

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Flatheadzz, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Flatheadzz

Flatheadzz New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Fished from 4pm to 830pm and caught 8 fish. 5 was 3-6 pounds 1 was 11 pounds and 2 was 17 pounds a piece. Fished around Short Stay area in around 20 to 30 feet deep. Lake was very low had to drag my boat out a slew to get to the lake. We need more Rain

Attached Files:

2. Flatheadzz

Flatheadzz New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Forgot to add 3 fish didnt make it back to the lake. They will be enjoyed this weekend!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report David I hope to get down there thursday.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a real nice trip, congrats and good luck in the future

5. fishfindersc

fishfindersc New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Earlier last week I couldn't get bit in less than 35 ft on Moultrie. Over the weekend the fish moved or at least bit better in 15 to 28 ft. during the day. Most of the bait was visible on the depth finder in less than 30 ft. Flatheadzz report is the only other one I've seen with similar results. Clients had 19 chances to boat fish and boated 11. Rough conditions and inexperience and a bad back resulted in several early releases.

6. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Put on your foul weather gear guys.............the hard luck is heading out for Moultrie in the morning for a few days. Got a truckload of spare tires and a new VHF radio.........spare prop.......spare anchor......extra battery....large cooler full of man -colas.......come on Gustav,get you some !!!
    :smile2:

7. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    GO GET THEM KEN !!!!!!!!! :cross: :0a26: :big_smile_2:

8. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well...........here it is guys. Got down to Blacks friday afternoon and decided to launch the boat......when the storm from hell blew in.....lightning, thunder, buckets of rain and general carnage. We spent friday night peeking out the room door and drinking beer. Set out Sat. morn and thanks to Roundhill we got em..........all of em......he gave us every one he had...........added to the three we caught we ended up with thirteen !!!! We had a great time and mama got to catch two fish !!!! Thanks again for the fish Ron and hope you got your boat fixed.

9. Flatheadzz

Flatheadzz New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Foxhound sounds alot like my luck. Maybe next time the weather will cooperate. I went on two outings this weekend to Bonneau for about 4 hours each trip and only caught 4 total.:sad2: Maybe all the fresh water has got them on a feeding pattern that I could not figure out. Hell I could not spot them on my depth finder. We used frozen herring and some fresh gizzard shad. Drifted from 10' to 50' and only caught 4 both trips. 1 20lbs blue and the rest was 2 - 6 pounds.

Attached Files: