Lake Moultrie Report 6-20/21

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by nparchery, Jun 22, 2009.

1. nparchery

nparchery New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We hit the lower lake Saturday evening with the son-in-law and his friend for a trip i had promised. We started at about dark drifting in the western corner trying to establish a pattern. We ended up Sunday morning with 25 blues and channels mixed. Big fish was #25. Had 5 more over #18 and the rest #4+. All in all a good trip. Every fish came from with-in 2' of the 20' depth on cut herring. Bigger fish were caught between 2 and 4 am with the bulk of the fish from 4 am till we quit at 9am.

2. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks for the report:big_smile:congrats on a good catch!

3. fearless58

fearless58 New Member

State:
    ga
    sounds like a great night wish i could of been there

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Welcome to the BOC, Lloyd! That's one of the better fishing results that I've heard from the past weekend. Thanks.

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Welcome aboard Lloyd! Sounds like a good time was had. I see you came through on your promise! Thanks for the report.:wink:

6. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Welcome to the BOC! Sounds like a good catch to me!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2:

7. Ernie1

Ernie1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
  8. nparchery

nparchery New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm glad I pulled it off! Nothing like a little pressure to make it harder!

We stayed in the area south of Blacks's to the dike all night with a W-SW wind. As long as we could pull across some humps and ditches and stay near the 20' depth, things seem to work OK. One pattern that did arise was the color of the corks we were using on our rigs. Yellow was the best, orange OK and the green never got bit. Funny how that works sometime.

2 weeks ago we had done alright in the canal but I had a feeling about night drifting with that wind and just had to try it. I just wish we could have landed a big fish or 2. All fish we caught were released in good shape thanks to the circle hooks!

Later

9. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for the report...nice catch..:big_smile:

10. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Welcome to the BOC Lloyd. Sounds like you had a good trip.