Lake Moultrie Report 12/21/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by The Penn Slammer, Dec 21, 2009.

1. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    The biggest catch I have seen all year was brought into Canal Lakes this afternoon. Captain Darryl Smith caught 50 cats today keeping 39 that weighed a total of 413lbs. Three trophy fish were kept and 11 released.Just wanted to let everyone know the winter bite is on.Fish are really turning on in the 50ft water.If anyone is coming down drop me a line and I will help anyway I can. Merry Christmas Everyone

2. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thats rediculous. Daryl Smith knows his catfish. What was the biggest? Do you know?

3. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    That's a pretty good day!!
    Here is the pic to back that one up!:wink:

Attached Files:

4. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Looks like the winter bite is here!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Capt Daryl is the man. He's fishn out of a big pontoon these days. I remember him fishn out of the sea ark. He may still have it, haven't talked to him in awhile. Does he still live in Rock Hill? I use to pass him at this store off the exit on 601. He would have carried back to back parties out and would be so tired he would pull over to get a nap on the way home. Charles Davis once said he has seen no man fish as hard as Smith.

6. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    he still lives in rockhill

7. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    Captain Darryl has a place at Canal Lakes he rents off of Captain Carl Fisher also of Rock Hill.Darryl fishes regularly but Pete Hilliard fishes more trips than anyone on the Lakes there. I have met him at 3P.M.,11P.M.,and again at 7A.M. on his triple headers to clean fish for him.Darryl is a soldier logging his trips without an enclosure this time of year.Sure hope the fish continue to bite as well as yesterday and today. Darryl had another good catch today.

8. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I'll be there as a guest of the Roundhill in a few weeks!:big_smile: Look out Fall bite!

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Fall is gone, PP. Winter is HERE! I'll be there before long, Rich!

BB

10. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Oops!!! :eek:oooh:I had and typed a senior moment!:wink:

11. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Nice days fishing. That's a hard days work.

Note to anyone planning to fish Moultrie over the next few weeks; follow Capt. Daryll and drift near him!!

:smile2:

I'm glad I don't have to clean all them fish. I cleaned enough for the family last night and I am tired of doing it.

:eek:oooh: