Lake Moultrie report 1/27/07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FLATHEADJOE, Jan 28, 2007.

1. FLATHEADJOE

FLATHEADJOE New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    just got back from moultrie decided to fish shallow last night due to the weather and managed to get 5 blues from 18-28lbs and a few channels about 3-4lbs each,got all our fish before 10 pm then the rain started and not another fish all night.all fish were caught with herring(didnt have time to catch any perch).didnt hear of any other good catches but someone else had to have some luck.just a sidenote i heard that nick at randolphs was selling the landing and they were gonna make it more of a camping/cabin deal with less to do with fishing.anyone know if theres any truth to that?wondering what will happen to the tournys? good luck guys and let those big one free so the kids can have as much fun as we do.

2. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Nice catch, no wonder you SC guys have bigger freezers than I do. Fresh
    fish would be nice for us OH catmen.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nice catch joe. maybe i get the urge to head south around the 24th of feb. you fishing cabelas?

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Joe thanks for the good fishing report. It makes us guys in the cold country envious. Good Job.:cool2: :lol:

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good catch, Joe. Glad you had some luck.
    I've been hearing the same thing about Randolph's. I can tell you, from what I've heard and seen; Nick is an investor. He has no attachement to any of his investment properties, and he's after money only. In fact, I heard him say almost those exact words myself. He's half owner of Myrtle Beach Speedway, and there's rumor going around that he's pressuring his partner to sell that property.
    This is my view only, and doesn't necessarily reflect the views of anyone else.

6. FLATHEADJOE

FLATHEADJOE New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    hey guys just got finished cleaning those fish and all but one was full of eggs???????a little early yet,no????

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've been wondering about that, Joe, 'cause Foxhound caught some a couple weeks back with eggs. I'm not a biologist, but maybe it isn't too early for them to have eggs, but they won't spawn until water temps and such get right. I've heard of some animals carrying eggs for very long periods of time before the spawn, or whatever the case might be.
    I used to set trotlines between now and april, while the water was cold, and a lot of those fish would have eggs in them, don't remember specific dates, but it got to the point I released most of the big fish that appeared to have eggs. Even back then I was practicing C/R and didn't even know it. :smile2:

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I've seen eggs in blues all year long, even early summer not to long after the spawn.