Lake Moultrie pictures 2/22 and 2/23

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Feb 26, 2007.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Most of these are fridays catch.The first picture is the big fish of the trip at 36.11 lbs.It was caught thursday, we didnt bring the camera on the boat with us but my cousin in-law wanted to bring it back to Blacks and weigh it and take pictures and send it on its way, so thats the only pic from thursday.

Attached Files:

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Heres some more, not all of em are sent to me yet but yall get the jist of it.

Attached Files:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice bluecatfish there.

4. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    Them are some nice cats chris.Thanks for sharing

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nice looking fish chris. thanks for sharing them pictures. i ve never really got in on big fish in the shallows before. ive always heard they put up a great fight dew to the fact they cannot go down. i guess you anchored up for them. did you try drifting any?

6. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    All those pictures you put up really makes me want to jump in my car and drive out to Lake Moultrie. I believe Moultrie also has the world record channel catfish to?

7. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    some very nice fish chris...thanks for the pics...congrats on your 6th place finish as well...you done us proud!!!!:big_smile: i really like your thinking about the smaller sized bait chunks vs large chunks...i never really even gave that much thought...i'll put that info in the ole memory bank.

8. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    No I didnt try to drift at all.I just stuck to what was workin for me but that come back to bite me.

9. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Looks like you had some NICE CATS for weigh-in. Good job on coming in 6th.

10. zivetor

zivetor New Member

State:
    Charleston, S.C.
    Those are some nice Kitty Kats.. Great Job Man.. Congradulations on 6 place and thanks for sharing your tips.. No sure when I will get to fishing again because my job seems to be working the heck out of these days.. I don't believe they realize how important Fishing is to A fisherman. Fishing should be a National Holiday celebrated 4 times a Month.. WOOHOO.. A Paid National Holiday wouldn't that be cool

Once again.. GREAT JOB and thanks for sharing the photos...

Lenny

11. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    The only time I ever caught them in the shallows good down there was a few years ago when I went to the upper lake and fished with a buddy of mine in an area he called the black bottoms. He said it was some kind of sanctuary and you could only fish it certain times of year. We killed the blues that weekend. The big bite was at night and was in 3 foot of water. You would hear a big whoosh of water out in the dark and then look up to see which rod just got slammed. Those fish were all about 20 lb. and it was a blast. When the sun came up, we saw several nice fish up in real shallow water and you could see their dorsal fins sticking out of the water. They looked like little sharks swimming around chasing shad. That was Cool!!!:cool2:

12. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the pics, Chris. Nice day on the water! :smile2:

13. catfishing365

catfishing365 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    great lookin cats, I can't wait to fish there for my first time

14. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member