Lake Moultrie Labor Day Weekend

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Aug 27, 2006.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Is anyone fishing Moultrie Labor Day weekend?

Myself and some others are heading down. Luckily they have some experience on the lake because I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON WATER THAT BIG IN MY LIFE!!!

We will be fishing out of Blacks Camp and will be on the water Saturday and Sunday. If anyone is heading down let me know and we can hang out or hollar at each other on the radio.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    um i might make that trip. heck ya i missed the that honey hole this weekend. matter of fact im having withdraws as i type.:big_smile:

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Maybe I can get up there and see all of you, too. Looks like we have a hurricane or strong tropical storm coming in late in the week, but hopefully will blow on through before saturday. Keep an eye on the weather forecast http://www.erh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?site=chs&CiTemplate=1&FcstType=text&MapType=0&MapType=3&site=chs&CiTemplate=1&map.x=246&map.y=30

or

http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/raw/sx/sxus42.kchs.rec.chs.txt just in case. Dieter, Catfishrus knows how to catch 'em down there.:smile2:
    I wanted to fish up there some during the week, but probably won't get to. Good luck to everyone coming down, in case I miss ya.
    Dieter, most of the guys I know monitor ch# 69 on the lower lake.

4. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Ill be down that way Labor Day weekend (fri. thru mon.) staying at Canal Lakes.Got the big house adjacent to the restruant rented. Let me know if you guys want to hook up and maybe tell a few lies. We fished Marion this past weekend but it was really slow.......not sure what had them shut down but the weather was perfect. Did manage a couple of flatties, one nice blue, two channels, and one really nice striper. Talked to a couple of guides and they did good fishing Moultrie Saturday. Think we are going to try Moultrie this weekend.......just gonna have to bite the bullet and try to figure out this drifting thing !!!

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i bet those fish will feed up like crazy before the storm hits. ken drifting comes easy for me evertime i throw out a anchor in that lower lake i start drifting anyways.:big_smile:

6. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Michael,
    I hear you brother.........Im about ready to buy stock in an anchor company or go back to using cinder blocks. Lately, Ive been stormed on for the past 3 weekends at Santee but caught good fish, finally had a pretty weekend and couldnt hardly buy a bite. Every time Ive tried to go out on Moultrie, Ive made it about to the first marker out of the canal and it looked like something out of the movie Perfect Storm and Id have to white knuckle the wheel back around and hope the pontoon boat didnt flip. Maybe well have some good weather this holiday weekend !!

7. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Ken, when will you be arriving? Maybe I can get by there and show you some pointers and places to go on friday evening.
    As for anchoring, take a trip: http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=40321&postcount=20 and you may want to make something similar to the river anchor. It would need to be heavier for a pontoon, than for my boat, but that's what most of the guides use.

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Ken that is the way Moultrie always looks!!!!!:big_smile: What scares everybody is a flat calm day.I'll be down with my son staying at Harrys Fri-Mon.Dieter I can stop in at Black sometime during the day when you think you will be there.How about 5pm or so on Sat.Do we all agree to get on Chan.69.I have a white 21ft center console that will have lots of rods sticking up and a 200hp Mercury Optimax.Look forward to seeing all of you.:smile2:

9. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jim, when on friday do you think you'll be at harry's? I have a big pile of weights on the coffee table that my wife would like moved. LOL

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Tommy you need to quit sitting on the coffee table.:big_smile: :lol: I should arrive at 0600 or so on Fri.If I'm not there just put them in the truck.I have some rope for you that will make great sinkers with the bigger shot ie 00 buck.Thanks for making them for us and we owe you dinner.:smile2:

11. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Very funny, Jim. haha. My wife would probably agree with you though. She's almost given up trying to keep the room clean, between my and Doug's projects, catalogs and mags.
    I'll try to get by there sometime on friday or saturday. Hopefully, this storm system will be mostly gone by friday afternoon. Are you planning to do any night fishing?

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Probably more at night depending on the weather.We are kind of on a pre fish for the Randolphs tourney the 23-24th of Sept.:smile2:

13. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Tommy, if you or Dieter see me on moultrie sat, stop and say hello, ill keep an eye out for you guys. Been doing real well fishing at night on marion but it fell off this past weekend. Me and my two brothers will be there for the long weekend and we are going to try Moultrie sat. Thanks for the e-mail Tommy.

14. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Gotcha, Jim. I'll try to get up with you sometime after you get here.
    Ken, if I go out on the water I'll look for you. I don't know right now if I'll fish or not, but it's gonna be awfully tempting :lol: You're welcome for the email, and I'll send another later.

15. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    We will be down there all weekend.We will be staying at Bonneau and fishing Moultrie.

16. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Well, lets just all start calling for BOC members on channel 69 and see who talks back. It will sound like conspiracy to anyone who is not in the know!

17. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    I will fish lower lake and cooper river tue-sat of that week if weather lets me. not sure what the upcomming storm will bring to that area.

18. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Sounds like a plan Dieter,what kind of boat do you have Foxhound?If you have a radio jump on Ch 69.WIth all the BOC folks going to be there I think I'll just go around selling hotdogs/burgers and soda!!!:eek:oooh: :roll_eyes: :big_smile: My son and I can assure ourselves of at least one fish a night by starting up my little propane stove to cook some hotdogs or brats about 1am.I don't care if there is only one fish in the lake its going to bite once I start the stove.:big_smile: :lol:

19. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Jim,
    I have a 18 ft. tracker pontoon boat with a 60 hp merc on it, it has a brown top and Georgia registration. Ill be listening for you guys on channel 69. I hope this storm blows over by then. I know what you mean about fish biting at a bad time....just let me stand up to go take a leak......or go fishing by yourself and it never fails, two rods go down at once. Not complaining though, sure better than no bites at all !!!

20. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Dieter, Tommy, Jim,
    Gonna cook up a bunch of catfish sat. afternoon around 430 if you guys are in the area stop by. We are staying at Canal Lakes, the big house next to the restaraunt.Love to have ya. Catfish, coleslaw and hushpuppies. Bring your own beer........:cool2: