Lake Moultrie is absolutely amazing...

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by harper81, May 23, 2008.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Me and my buddy hoile went down to meet up with Roundhill at Blacks Camp to find some of these big Santee fish I keep hearing about. We showed up and Roundhill was having boat trouble, but instead of saying he's sorry and sending us on our way he hooked us up with Jim (jk888). We headed over to Angels were Jim's boat is and headed out. It was almost instant and non stop action. I caught my first pb at 22lbs and soon followed up with my next pb of 37lbs. I caught another one that was 30 lbs. Hoile caught his pb of 20lbs and later broke it with a 23 lber. We also caught numerous fish in the teens. I think we caught around 19 total and I don't believe we had a single fish under 5lbs. Most of the fish were caught on the first drift because the wind died and never made a full return. Who knows what would have happened if we could have drifted properly all day.

So basically to sum it up we caught 19 (17 blues 2 channels). With a 37, 30, 23, 22 and a 20. Not a bad day at all.:wink:

I would like to thank roundhill again for offering to take us out. I would definitely like to thank Jim for taking us on after roundhill's boat troubles. When I get back in Oct. I am definitely booking a trip with Santee with Roundhill, no doubt about it.

Thanks everyone for this amazing fishing week. It really means a lot that people still support the troops and are willing to take someone fishing before he heads over the pond to the big sandbox.

2. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Sorry...pics to follow soon.

3. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Conrats on all the PB's, sounds like an awsome time. Thanks for all you do for your country and all of our prayers will be with you.

4. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Congrats on your PBs that was agreat trip.

5. johnboy

johnboy New Member

State:
    Columbia SC
    congrats on a fantastic fishing week brother and we all wish you the best!!

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats on the PB's and fine catch! You did good hooking up with Chrisblue,Roundhill and jk888 this week. :wink: All three are really good people and Chrisblue and Roundhill are two top notch Guides:wink:.

7. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Glad you guys had a good time and you just teamed up with some of the best people on the sante BAR NONE and as you saw if one can't help you he'll give a call to one of his buddys who can, and think nothing about it.

8. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Congrats Harper on a fine week of fishing,I am sure you wont soon forget it,that was an awesome week for you and will keep your mind at ease when you think back to it while over there in the sandbox,May God be with you and the other Troops while you are over there and thanks for your time served protecting us and our freedom to fish,Good Job:wink:

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congrats on another great day on the lake. Jim thanks for putting them on some fish maybe you can take me next. :wink:

Fightin Da Blues(Chrisblue), Santee with Roundhill(Roundhill), and Capt Jim(jk888) I say thank you for your support to these fine young men it is great to be apart of a totally awsome group of sportsman that will do anything to help another out. Again THANKS!:big_smile:

10. QBQ

QBQ New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats on th PB and thanks again for your service.

11. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Here are some pics finally. It is clear I don't know how to handle fish this large. I couldn't seem to find a good way to hold them.

Attached Files:

12. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    My buddy Hoile with his 23 and 20.

Attached Files:

13. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go, Bill - and congrats on your great fishing experiences this week. You're durn straight that we all support our fighting men & women; we're proud of you and appreciate all the sacrifices that you make for all of us.

14. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Great fish Bill:worship:,you be safe in the big sand box and thank's for all that you do for this great usa.

15. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats on a great day of CATCHING!! Sounds like the trip was a blast.

Thanks for protecting our freedom and be safe over in the big sandbox. God Bless.

16. bcgamecock

bcgamecock New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Harper, stay safe and return to the Palmetto State so you can catch some more of those big South Carolina cats. Your service to this great land is much appreciated. As for those two guides, you guys are both a class act. Thanks on behalf of all us fishermen for showing these two gentlemen a great time.

17. Webfoot

Webfoot New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sounds like you had a great trip. Congrats on all your pb's. Take care of yourself. :wink:

18. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

We sure have some wonderful and knowledgeable folks here on catfish1.com! Not only the brave military men who serve our country (thank you Bill - for your dedication to the USA and the pictures, congrats!), but also the ones who appreciate and serve them (thank you Jim, Ron, and Chris!). I have a happy heart after reading this thread and I'm PROUD to call you all my BOC brothers. :0a31: