lake moultrie fishing report

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by roundhill, Jun 23, 2008.

1. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    took two kentucky guys fishing today fished some swamp dranage areas 15 to 25ft deep using white perch an catfish filets cought 9 blues from 5lb to 27lb four of them over 20lb they had a good time an said they whould be back and whould be trying out the boc .see you soon roundhill

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Great catch Ron.:big_smile: I know them boys had to be happy with that catch and thanks for the report.:wink:

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Way to go Roundhill,sound like ya got em dialed in as usual,I'm sure they will repeat customers

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    When I get bck from KC, MO next week I will be coming down come hell or high water. I am in total Lake Moultrie Withdraw. Looking foward to seeing my ole buddies also. I wil call yall as soon as I get back home.

5. Mechwarrior5

Mechwarrior5 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    James,

The wife and I will be on Marion all next week (week of July 4th). If you're around, give us a call. We'd love to see you again.

6. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    fishe4d two hrsw this am cought 4 blues on one drift biggest 14lb had to go in to meet lying mec till tomorrow roundhill

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That boat motor isnt acting up again is it?

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Round guru of fishes I am confused!!!!!!:big_smile:I think you are supposed to catch catfish then turn them into filets for fine dining,not feed catfish filets to other catfish.WHat gives with this new bait? sounds interesting.I'll be down this weekend with son and family.Staying at Harrys but can meet at canal lakes for breakfast say 730am or so.:smile2:

9. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    went out two times today this morning for three hrs cought 5 fish fromm 8lb to 24 lb went back out with wife cought 4 blues bigest 14lb all on white perch at about 25ft. jim that breckfe4st sounds good just let me know when an where se4e you soon roundhill

10. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Ron/Jim
    Ill be down friday probabally around noon with my brother.........staying at Canal Lakes.......give me a shout

11. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    me an wife went today cought 7 blues from 8lb to 34lb fished till 2pm it got to hot for a fatman now some serius suds action see you tomarrow the roundhill

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I'll be down Sat AM so lets do breakfast at Canal Lakes say 730 am.Staying at Canal Lakes also.See everyone soon pray for rain.:smile2:

13. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    You guys have at it, and good fishing to all! :big_smile: Wish I could make it up there, but I'm tied down with some family health issues. Ron, I'll call you as soon as I can. Jim; good to hear you guys are getting back on the water down here. Keep posting the reports, guys.
    I haven't been able to work in much fishing at all lately, although I did get to take off on Wednesday and go offshore, motor quit on me on the way back in (fuel flow problem, now resolved) and had to call SeaTow. Membership is money well spent! I've towed in quite a few other boats over the years, but this is the first time I've ever had to ask for help.

14. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    for better or worst this report is fromk dewrest or whatever i dont or should not make this report but being me i took a guided fishing trip today whith assholes i deont6 like doing this whith out going farther in detaile let me say this if you waht to fish with rounhill please dont make an ass out of yourself buy gettinng drunk before getting onboard drinking is alright but p-lease understand im old we wate till later to brag about what we catch maybe can catch what we are supose to catch this post is ment for those that should reed it pised of roundhill

15. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good to see Roundhill and Jim again this weekend and all the other brothers on the lakes. As usual .....the wind howled just enough to keep me from venturing out on Moultrie as planned for Sat. Did manage to catch a few blues drifting out in front of the dam on Marion and a real nice flathead (50 lbs) friday night on a huge live perch in the canal. About 1am that rod tip started quivering back and forth like that perch was getting real nervous and then it just started slowly bending over untill it looked like it was going to touch the water......once my brother got it out of the rod holder and that fish realized he was hooked......he took off like a freight train !!!! around the anchor rope.......crossed another line.....and causing all the damage he could before he ended up in the net. Id also like to thank the idiot that passed so close to the back of the boat that he cut the ancor rope and kept going......hope he ended up with a cypress knee through his hull.

16. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Id also like to thank the idiot that passed so close to the back of the boat that he cut the ancor rope and kept going......hope he ended up with a cypress knee through his hull.[/quote]
    Ken,
    What has happened to the respect boaters use to give each other? It's really getting hard to fish in the canal and the rivers because the huge wakes of these idiots.

17. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    RESPECT FOR OTHERS - a concept that seems to be disappearing on an increasing basis :sad2: :embarassed: Pop Pop & I were fishing the other day, and a couple of kids on a PWC (definitely too young to be driving it) were weaving in, out & around our boat & and another small jon boat in full sight of their parents who were sitting in a pontoon. Evidently their parents didn't care about the safety of their kids, as I was sure that they were going to lose control atsome point and ram one of us. Seems like there's no shortage of a$$holes these days, and we can look forward to a next generation of them too :eek:oooh:

18. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    took two guys out friday afternoon cought 7blues largest 48lb about 9pm the wind got a little ruff for them so they went in to brag to there friends good thing for me there friend hired me the next day they cought 11 blues 39lb 36lb 27lb the rest 3 to 12lbs they had a good time an booked a future trip we used herring fishing in 12 to 35ft of water.see you later the roundhill

19. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Way to go, Ron! Thanks for the report. Glad you guys got into them. I was on the lake last Sunday, ended up with 8, none more than 15#. No wind that day, so had to set up for short drifts, and anchoring on humps.

20. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    JEEEEEZ ron he cut your anchor rope?????WHat an asshole pardon my Frenck!Hopefully the rope wrapped around his prop.The canal brings up an intersting question though.What do you do.If you slow down your wake is even bigger and some nights it is a circus in there.I try and give every boat a wide berth and continue on plane to minimize the wake.Sometimes you just cant slow down for every boat.most folks that anchor in the canal are aware that lots of traffic is going to go by and put up with it.I try and wave and be friendly but to cut someones anchor rope is way beyond belief.I fish along side the canal by Harrys a lot at night and some weekends you can hear the partiers on shore get drunk then fire up their boats for a joy ride at 3am.I maintain a continous alert ready to fire up and run if I have to.See you guys soon.