Lake Moultrie-Any good places for trotlines??

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flathead22, Dec 28, 2005.

1. flathead22

flathead22 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Hey, guys. I am coming down soon...can't wait!!!! :D :D Are there any good places in Moultrie to put out trotlines? I am strictly a catch and release catter, I never keep cats over 20 lbs...but I sure love to eat them!!!! I encourage catch and release with everyone because I know that our generation wants to be able to watch our kids and grand kids catch the big'uns like we used to! Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. flathead22

flathead22 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I forgot to mention-but what are the current catfish limits in other states? I really would like to see SC propose a catfish limit in each of the three major catfish species (plus white catfish and bullheads). If you agree, holla at me by posting your response!! I would love to hear anyone's point of view, so feel free to respond to this thread! I have considered writing the governor of SC asking him to consider proposing a catfish limit, but I need to have a petition of some sort. So, again, please feel free to respond to this thread and maybe we can enjoy better conservation in the future. By the way, I really feel that only one giant (over 50lbs) should be allowed per boat per day...We really need to leave the giants to their abodes..They are 20 years or more and don't deserve the insult of being hauled around in the back of a pickup truck being stared at and gawked at by a bunch of people while they are gasping for their last breaths of oxygen!!!!!!! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

3. flathead22

flathead22 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Disregard this reply, I meant to make a new thread for this...So just look for the thread!

4. flathead22

flathead22 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I am only planning to put a 20 hook line if I do at all. I forgot to mention that, cause I know 2000 hook trotlines are allowed (and they need to require a lot more than $50 for tags for those, or be outlawed!)