Lake Moultrie 9/11-9/13

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rivercatsc, Sep 14, 2008.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Drifted thursday night with BillSC, Peglegreb, and Peglegrebs girlfriend as my quests and we caught some decent fish I believe 11 in all with the biggest caught by Peglegreb a blue 27lbs. Mostly blues caught with a few channels, 1 flathead, and 1 bullhead. Had a great time and it was nice to have yall aboard. Bill has some good pics.

Friday me and roundhill were the honored guests of Wyliecat with a late start after eating breakfast at 11am.:smile2: We fished a few spots and no bities and moved 1 more time to find some really big blues and 1 channel cat. Wyliecat has the photos and can tell the whole funny story.

Sat was the Carolina Catmen Championship and I had Capt. Roundhill as the 1st mate aboard my boat and we started out putting a couple of nice blues in the boat real early and then I let another get off while reeling him in and still havent lived it down. Our fish run dry in that spot and moved to another spot a caught some more nice fish until that ran out and back to the origional spot to catch 5-6 gars and 1 more big blue. We ended up catching 7 fish with the 5 biggest just shy of 123lbs and a big fish of 44lbs which was my new PB blue.:big_smile: I hope JDs pics turned out better than the 1s my wife took.:angry:

Had a great time this weekend and was fun to fish with so many great people I cant wait to get together again.

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congratulations on the PB James:wink:. Thats a nice one. Late Breakfast, :roll_eyes: Sounds like a lot fun was had!

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah we thought about calling the law cause somebody slipped something into Roundhills coke thursday night.:smile2:

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Good Job James:big_smile:,especially in the Tourney:wink:,thats a nice 5 fish stringer.I hate we missed the Tourney and the Gathering,was really wanting to make it,just been a terrible past 8 days for the Green Boys though,hopefully next year nothing will happen to keep us from coming.Look foward to seeing the pics and results from the Tourney.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Ya, Roundhill and Rivercatsc were on my boat Friday, and it was an honor to have them. Of course they are not stupid, and realized it was easier to burn my gas and go scouting than their own, so off we went. :big_smile::tounge_out::wink::smile2:

Of course where does Roundhill want to go first? Opposite side of the dang lake!! Where next? South end of the lake. We did a round-about tour hitting all of Rivercatsc and Roundhill's favorite holes. Did I mention gas spiked up to $4.59 that morning? :eek:oooh::smile2::tounge_out:

The payoff for me was all the waypoints I put in my GPS, and they paid off the next day, but I will get to that in a later post. :wink:

I had two striper rods set-up for drifting on my boat and guess what? A big 'un hit one of the baits on that rod. Even better was that ol' Roundhill picked it up and started fighting. Turns out it was a 30 pound blue and that old Ugly Stik striper rod was folded in half with Roundhill cussing it the whole time! Rivercatsc and I were laughing so hard we had a difficult time landing the fish, we did and made Roundhill get all slimmed up holding it. :smile2: Once we made sure Ron was not going to have a heart attack, and got some pictures, we released it back into the lake.

He needs a new avatar!!! :wink:

My dream was fulfilled; seeing Roundhill catch a fish on my boat. :smile2: I jsut didn't want to see him sweat that much doing it!!!

Attached Files:

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    What happened to your Big Blue?

7. WylieCat

State:
    NC
  8. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    OK James this one is just for you. It might be a better pic. Let me know. Congrats buddy.

Attached Files:

9. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    I have more pics but I have to post them in the Tournament Results first.

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for th pic JD it looks good. I been wanting to catch another HAWG to cahnge my avatar cause that 37lb blue in my avatar only looked like t was 15lbs.:smile2: Oh well my new PB blue will make a great avatar.

11. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Congrats on that PB brother!!!

12. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Looks like a "Winning"avatar to me:wink:,Congrats on the PB,that one made the Big Man Roundhill look small:confused2::big_smile:

13. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats to James and Ron on the win and the PB. James I think that pic would have looked better had you not been shaking so much holding it. LOL.

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congratulations to you both, James! That new avatar is over the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bill in SC

15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    James and Ron, congrats on the win and the personal bestest Blue!

16. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    James:

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Congrats on the new PB and all those nice fish.

17. Flatheadzz

Flatheadzz New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congrats on the win, maybe you can supply us with some Cordinates on some of them honey holes:wink:JK

18. fishfindersc

fishfindersc New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    CONGRATS on the PB and the tournament win.

19. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I was fishing right beside the big stump out in the lake.:wink::smile2::smile2:

20. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Aha! I know right where that stump is, cause I threw a stick in the water a couple of weeks ago to mark it. You messed up, James. I'm gonna go out and get me some of those big fish...:big_smile: