lake moultrie 8-15-09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by snooker_hooker, Aug 16, 2009.

1. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    THANK YOU TO MATT V
    he took me out on his boat after a few things that needed to be completed. got on the lake at about 630 pm and started to try and find bait. none found. we started to drift with shrimp that worked in the past in the short stay area. nothin. threw the net and got some shad and herring. drifted again no results. we moved all over the place. tried deep shallow and then we found a nice area from 8 to 20 ft. drifted that area several time with two 5 lb fish about. kept to that area and at about 3 am our last drift i hooked into about a 20 lb fish. so we had to drift it again with no results and called it a night at 345am. we had several hits on shrimp but no takers. one fish was caught with just a drop rig and the other two were on (new to me) drift rig that matt showed me.

thank you to all and thank you to mattv for taking me out.
    i leave on thursday so that was my last trip. good luck

2. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sounds like it was a tough night. But just being on the water is better than sitting at home anyday.:wink:

3. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    The bite was very slow last night and this morning.

4. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Th bite was very slow all day yesterday. Capt Jim and I fished from 8 am to 12 midnight. Managed 8 fish with biggest 21 lbs. It was tough days fishing. We used frozen herring, fresh herring, brim heads, cut white perch. Had several take downs with no hookup. We drifted humps and channels. But it was great day on water with a great guy. Always fun fishing with Capt Jim(jk888)