lake moultrie 8-1-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FLATHEADJOE, Aug 4, 2008.

1. FLATHEADJOE

FLATHEADJOE New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    made it back to the lake friday afternoon,caught some bait and headed to the honey hole.just set out all my rods and had one of my greatly missed fishing partners rods with me i slung it out there and told him this was his and want to adjust the drag when the dang thing took off and started screaming after a nice fight we netted a nice 42 lb blue,sat down for awile and missed a few then managed to hook one,soon as i set the hook i knew he was a good one fought and fought and finnaly netted him 48lb flatty,then came a 22 and a 9lb blue,then my partner hooked another good one and he had the fight of a lifetime crossing lines ,stumps and whatever else he could find but finally got to net his fish 52 lb blue, fat one,his pb.then the night got quiet and took a nap well when i opened my eyes the sun was up and it was time to go.all the fish were on cut perch they didnt hit anything else and the water depth was 4-8 ft.felt great to be back out.

2. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Those are some good fish. How far is the lake down?

3. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    WOW! sounds like ya'll had a geat time! congrats on the awsome catch.
    1 more thing: GPS position on that HONEY HOLE!!!!! LOL:smile2:LOL

GARY

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Joe glad to see you made it back down to the lake. Congrats on the catch those were some hawgs.

5. fisherman63650

fisherman63650 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I am comming ther sunday from MO. i hope the fish are biting like that for us thanks for the post this is a great site

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Now, where did you say that secret honey hole was located, Joe? :wink:
    Glad you guys had such a great trip. Thanks for the report, for us landlocked souls...

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some great fish, thanks for the report!