Lake Moultrie 7-28/7-29

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rivercatsc, Jul 30, 2008.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Monday we fished hard from 7am-2pm with little to no wind and little to no fish. Caught 1 blue around 6lbs on cut herring. Fiqured we would beat the heat and go back to the room and sleep for a little while and go back right at dark. My 2 uncles from New York were down and I was trying to put them on some good eatin size fish to bring home. Well we started out that Monday evening around 8pm and on the way out my uncle fell down in the boat right onto 1 of my reels to the side of his chest. We fished for about 2 hours with no bites and he was starting to hurt pretty bad so we decided we better carry him to the ER. Well we got back from our ER trip about 3am and he had a cracked rib and that was the end of the fishing for them. They headed back to my house in my wifes car and me and her got back on the lake at around 10am not in too much anticipation of catching much from the bite the day before. Well once again there wasnt much wind but just bairely enough to drift and 10 minutes into the 1st drift we started catching fish and ended up putting 9 fish in the boat most were 3lb-5lb fish with 1 14lb and a big fish of 37lbs. I also caught another bullhead about 2lbs. Had a couple of fish get off right at the boat and 1 broke my leader while I was fighting him.:angry: Oh yeah i also managed to break my tranducer off and when I say off I mean I only have the wire I dont know what i hit but the puck is gone so I was fishing blind today. Maybe I will turn the graph off more often. I talked to about 15 different boats that were fishing monday and only 1 guy had some fish I think 2 nice blues.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Here is a pic of the big fish.:big_smile: That was 1 short FAT fish. All of the fish that I cleaned stomaches were tottally empty I dont know what had them turned off. I do know there were pulling alot of water through the canla this morning and that probablly helped.

Attached Files:

3. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Thats a nice fish James. Sorry to hear about your uncle, I hope he gets over it ok.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the report, James, and sorry about your uncle. Hope he recovers pretty fast so you can get him back out there. Been wanting to go every afternoon this week, but the thunderstorms keep putting a dent in my plans. Give me a call sometime, no hurry. I've got something interesting coming down the tubes, I hope.