Lake Moultrie 6, 7 & 8

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bobwheelr, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    is anyone fishing moultrie or the canal this weekend, we will be at canal lakes fri and atkins sat. if anyone is down that way stop in and say hi. We will fish uper end of moultrie fri evening and friday night and the lower part of moultrie sat evening and sat night if weather lets us, if not we will hit the rediversion canal at arrowhead.

2. i wont be on moultrie but i am trying to get out to my usual area
    on marion around rock pond. wish you guys luck

3. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    change in plans, we will be at canal lakes fri & sat night, atkins and hills booked full for weekend, is something going on this weekend i dont no about or is everyone just comming down for a weekend of good fishing.

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Its the Columbus Day holiday weekend Bob so some folks will have a 3 day weekend and the weather has been great.Hope you catch lots of fish and the weather is good for your trip.:smile2:

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
  6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    lets us know how the fish are doing good luck

7. anybody got any input on what depth would be good to start fishing at sunrise. are we still leaning toward the shallow water pattern till the the sun comes up pretty good or should i start deeper24'-28' foot like i would do during the middle of day ?

8. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Mark,
    I was at moultrie on Monday, I got there about 1pm I drifted from the six marker to the dam from short stay across almost to adkins, I marked fish from 30ft to 55ft. It seemed like they were more in the 55 foot, I did'nt do very well, Let us know how you did.
    Eddie

9. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks Tommy for the weather report, may spend sat night on rediverson canal and see what that brings, has anyone had a fishing report from arrowhead.

10. Looks like i will be heading out to fish on sun. a.m. (weather permitting) at lake marion. i will post a report later that evening.

11. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    We got back from one of the worst santee trips ever. The wind was bad fri & sat, lakes were rough and the temp was cold. we got 4 small blues around 2-3 lbs and that was it. some guy tied his boat up next to my pontoon to run in and get something from store, and when i pulled my boat out of the water that night my port pontoon fin was ripped off my boat, and the guy dident have the nerve to tell anyone what happend. never did find out who did it. o-well maybe next trip will turn out better.

12. Sorry to hear about your bad luck Bob. I didn't have much luck today.i only got to fish about 2 hrs cause the wind & rain picked up too much.
    I didnt have a drift sock to slow the drift and there wsa no place to get out of wind. I did manage to catch 2 blues...a 15 lber(caught him on my lightest rod which was reel fun:big_smile: ) and a 3lber. iwas pretty wet by the time i got back to the dock. wish i had a better report:sad2:

13. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    sorry to hear that bob. we once had our boat washed out to seas down there due to a fellow parking beside of us and us not tieing the boat up proper. we just go ahead and load our boats up now. it takes a little time to do but we dont have to worry that way. i know it wasnt the full moon because i havent seen the moon in 2-3 nights due to clouds and light rain. santee can be a tuff lake to fish when the winds are high and the water is rough. thanks for the reports.

14. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I made my first trip to Santee this weekend also and we sure picked a good 'un didn't we. That was some rough stuff out there Sat. night. We drifted in the lower lake Sat. afternoon and Sat. night until the winds got too bad and then we decided to go flathead fishin' in the canal for a little relief from the wind. It was slick in there! We got 5 blues and a channel driftin' the lake and we got one 25 lb. flathead in the canal that night. We picked up 2 more small blues Sun. morning before the storms run us off the lake. Decent trip, I'm definately going back! Has anybody heard about a run that the menhaden make and they come up in Moultrie through the locks and die up in there and the fish really stack up around the lower end of the lake. It's supposed to happen sometime in December. I wanted to see if anyone else has heard of this or was it just somebody running their mouth. see ya

15. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Everybody has those days sometimes sorry to hear that.Bob you didnt try the cooper?

16. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah the menhaden thing is true I havnt been there myself when it was goin on but some of the boys I fish with have and caught the fire out of em.

17. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    no, we dident make it to the river, couldn,t get trailer at atkins so we stayed at canal lakes all weekend. it was so wendy we decided to just stay in the canal.

18. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Bob, I really hate the weekend you had, Mother nature Bites sometimes and we deal with it ok ( If fished moultrie last week on Monday and did'nt get a bite) Then you get idiots with high dollar toys that does not have a clue about boating, safety or respect for others and it can distroy your entire weekend. I'm sure we've all had this happen to us.
    If I can get through with a home project early enough, I'm going to go back tomorrow afternoon.
    Eddie

19. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    when i went out the jet skis and the tubers were all over me drifting. they had the whole lake and they came right up on me!! i love to fish in the winter. i am the only one out there. at 430 in the morning and 30 deg out side. thats fishing!!:big_smile:

20. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nick, I know what you mean, And I have fished they winter before(Not at 4 ;30 am) And your right it's much easier and less fishing pressure, However I must have called myself stupid a thousand times:lol:
    I did go back to moultrie today , I'm really getting frustrated two weeks in a row and nothing to show for it, I talked to several people there that had fished the weekend with a really rough lake that caught a lot of fish, Today a slight chop, A perfect day for fishing and nothing, The only other person that I had seen on that end of the lake ( 1 to the six marker) They did'nt catch anything either.
    Eddie