Lake Moultrie 30-31

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by matt22va, Oct 31, 2009.

1. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Fished with my 9 year old for about 2.5 hours last night and three hours this morning. Last night he caught a 4lb channel and a 10lb blue, this morning he caught a 20 lb blue. All fish were in 28-30ft, temp was 65. Seem to be marking alot of suspended fish in the 15-20ft range, I believe they are stripers but don't know since I haven't really fished for them. The last bait he reeled up though, about a 16" striper followed it to the boat. We were using what the bait shop guy called salties, looked like a goldenshiner crossed with a goldfish, very durable baits. I cut their tails off deep enough so they would bleed and I could drift them without them swimming and tangling me up. I fished with several of them for three hours and they were still wiggling all over the place. He's running around the neighborhood now telling everyone about his PB blue. I set a couple of hooks but of course caught none myself, it's all good!

2. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Congrats to your son on his new pb and thanks for report!

3. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Good job Matt: congrad for the 9 yr olds pb.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great report Matt. Congrats to your son on his PB. He has a right to be proud.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good report! PBs are always gratifying.

BB in SC

6. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice catch, ya wasn't fishn out of Randolphs were you?? Sounds like there bait

7. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Nope, fishin out of short stay. Got the bait at a bait shop off of 52 on the way to the lake.