Lake Moultrie 3/22/08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by iceman, Mar 24, 2008.

1. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    Had a wonderful tome on the water sat. My wife and i went fishing with Jim
    (jk888). He put us on the fish. We caught 12 fish with one of them being my wifes P.B. 23.8 LBer. We thought she was going to flip out. After it was in the cooler she grabbed her cell phone and started calling everyone she knew! She reeled in most of the fish and had a ball. Thanks Jim for bringing us along and can't wait to do it again! Heres a pick of the fish. i'll post more when i get them downloaded. (lost the cable to other camara)

GARY:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Thanks for the report. Just be careful letting her catch most of the fish. They start talking trash after awhile! lol

3. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    Nice catch we were down there saturday too rough on the lake so we fished the canal and picked up one 15lbs but we had a bunch of bites they acted like they we're just picking at it. We will try a gain soon.

4. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    nice fish thanks for the report

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great day on the water it sounds like yall had a great trip. Jim is a great host. Roundhill it sounds like we are going to have hold Jim down to find that hole.

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    NICE haul. Congrats to your wife for her PB!
    Bill in SC

7. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    Nice catch! Congrats on the PB.

8. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Sounds like ya'll had a great day of fishing. Congratulations on your wifes PB.

9. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Those fish look like they have been eating. But they wont eat anymore since there on the butcher board. :angry:

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Casey they will be eating again they just wont be the ones doing the eating.LOL

If a man wants to go fishing and select keep what he is fishing for how is that wrong. Maybe you should quit killing all of that helpess bait or start eating it yourself. I am so tired of all of this harping on keeping or releasing fish if they are caught legally why cant he keep them isnt that where fishing got started. The DNR in SC says never release any catfish under 20+lbs because the lake is so overpopulated that it is starting to stunt the fish growth. So I say say thanks for keeping them and I hope they eat good.

11. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Couldnt agree more James.Its one thing to inform somebody on somethin but remarks like that toward somebody thats proud of their catch is not a good way of going about it.Theres always somebody thats gone find somethin wrong with everything.

Things are not the same here in SC as they are in Indiana or anywhere else.A little bit of research about Santee instead of ignorant (not knowing) remarks and that remark probably wouldnt have been made.

Anyway Congrats on the catch Gary.

12. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Way to go Gary! Sounds like a great time was had by all. Congads to your wife on her PB.
    I believe James and Chris said it all and back up both! :wink: I guess Casey has never had the pleasure of a good Ol' Southern fish fry or Catfish Stew.:big_smile:

13. tennessee blues

tennessee blues New Member

State:
    Fort Bragg, North Carolina
    I wouldn't normally comment on this but the bottomline is harvesting some of our catch is a VERY important part of conservation and fisheries management. To catch and release every catfish we catch is not good practice. I have a personal 10# limit for eaters (especially this time of year-think pre-spawn) but agree that we do need to harvest more in the 10-20# range for better management. I know many of you may disagree but there is a great deal of scientific data to support that theory.

Please do everything within your power to photograph and release the 20# plus cats.

Shayne

14. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    Well, i got the pics of my wife with her P.B. and ear to ear smile but can't get the attachment file to open. also left out that the fish were caught in 25 and 40 ft. of water on blue back herring. And Casey i enjoy eating what i catch. i do release fish from time to time. as was said Santee is overpopulated and they want you to keep fish. I GUESS ITS UP TO THE PERSON CATCHING THEM WEATHER HE KEEPS THEM! (p.s. they sure were tasty). thanks again Jim for the nice time.

GARY:big_smile:

15. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    great job and nice looking fish thanks for sharing the pictures with us

16. crawford1

crawford1 Member

State:
    west virginia
    Sounds like she had a ball thats what it's all about.