Lake Moultrie 3-18-09/3-19-09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rivercatsc, Mar 19, 2009.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Had 2 uncles come down from NY to fish with me a few days so we headed down to Blacks. Fished a little while tues night maybe an hour and got run off by the winds and a storm so we decided to get up and hit them hard wed morning. We were fishing by daylight and didny come off the water until 4pm and had 2 blues 5lbs and a 18lber to show for it. We got together with Capt Jim(JK888) and Capt Roundhill for all you can eat quail and them 2 yankees and Roundhill put some quail away.:smile2: Me and Jim went back out that night and fished some and we caught a couple more blues 5lbs and 12lbs. This morning back out at daylight and the fishing was better. Fished until noon and caught 9 fish a BIG 9lb Channel, 7 blues 10lbs-18lbs, and 1 HAMMER FLATHEAD 56lbs 12oz. We were drifting peices of cut shad about the size of a dollar coin in 5ft of water when he hammered it. We had another HUGE flathead come off near the boat right before we caught the big 1. Everyone had a great time and finnally got them some fillets to take home except the flatty I know just where to find him.LOL

Attached Files:

2. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Nice catch. Sounds like things didnt get any better since last weekend. At least they got to catch a few.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Wow James,,,nice Flathead, congrats. Them Flats are doing the same thing here...hitting tiny baits.

-Jim-

4. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    James that must be the flathead I released @ Blacks last weekend-lets see:long,ugly,flat head-yep thats him.He must've been hanging around the boat ramp waitin' for his daily feeding.:wink:

nice catch

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah I just scooped him up n the net and took pic and let him go. I hope he will still be there next week.:smile2:

6. scwolf

scwolf New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Awesome Flattie, glad yall got on some fish. The ones we caught last weekend came off of small bait also.

7. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Sounds like you all had a nice catch!:smile2: Can not wait till
    i can get the family back up there.:sad2:

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    That is a NICE flathead James!! The new job has me away from big cat territory during the week, you're making me jealous:wink: