Lake Moultrie 2-20-08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rivercatsc, Feb 20, 2008.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I am thinking of renaming my boat to the Dinker-Do.LOL Caught 3 fish and the wind was howling. I caught the same 2 3lb blues I caught last week and I did get 1 nice 9lb channell. All fish were caught on blueback herring in about 20ft drifting. The water temp was 55deg. Sorry nothing better to report Krowbar but I did manage to catch plenty of bluebacks at the locks.

2. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    James at least you had a good day on the water.
    Thanks for the report
    Jim

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Jim I had my father-in-law with me and he is cursed. We have only got on the fish together I think 1 time. We did have a good time but my face is wind burnt.

Oh yeah and the short stay ramp was nice.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    What time of day did you realize that it was a bad trip, James? lol
    I kinda looked for you on my way back down 52 from Dunham Bluff between 2:00 & 3:00. :wink:

5. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the report James. Its hard fishing when the wind is rough. At least you didn't get skunked. Calling for a good bit of rain Friday and Saturday. Still not sure if I'm going to try it or not. Long way to drive just to get rained out. How do you think the rains will affect the fish?

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Tommy we stuck it out until around 4pm.

Krobar I am not really sure about the rain thing. I dont think it will make as much difference as the pressure system it is associated with. I marked some good fish and just kept working back over them before I would make 1 bite. None of them had mud on there bellies like they were laying around just slow to bite. Seemed to be biting early cause we caught 1 fish 10min into the first drift and missed a couple others but then it was all over. Had all 3 fish in the boat by 10am and only a handfull of bites after that. That darn FULL MOON.LOL

7. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    james,
    just wandering if you ever fish the tailrace or any part of the river furtherdown in the rice fields. Come to santee 4/5 times per year and only fished the lakes maybe 2x's in the paST 5 YRS. Always catch lots of fish in the rice fields so to scared to risk a trip n not catch any. 5 hour ride one way.

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I grew up fishin for cats in the tailrace but always just below the dam. I have on my to do list to fish and learn the costal rivers mainly the cooper, pee dee, santee, and waccamaw. I think any of these rivers hold huge blues and alot of state record flatheads. But to stop rambling and answer you question yes and there are tons of fish down there.

9. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    we have caught some monster flatties the past couple of years. We try to plan our trips with the strongest tides.Maybe a fluke but we seem to think the stronger the current the better the fish.They tend to gather on the ledges of the holes and feeddddddddddddddddddd. We fish a lot at the T and up the east branch