Lake Moultrie 12-27-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rivercatsc, Dec 28, 2007.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well this was the last fishing trip until 2008 and it was a good trip. I had my cousin and his son fishin with me and we got a late start. Finnally got down to the lake and noone had any bait to buy so I caught some white perch and bream in the canal and was fishing by 12pm. Started out a little slow but finnally put our first fish in the boat around 1:30 and from then until dark i was pretty steady. We caught 4 blues over 20lbs with largest being 22lbs and 1 13lb blue and 7 in the 3lb-5lb range and we also caught 2 bullheads about 1.5lbs each. I have never caught bullheads in the lake much less that big. They fight pretty good. Everthing we caught was on fresh cut bream or perch in 8ft-25ft of water drifting. The water temp was around 53deg. This will probably be my last time puttting in the canal cause the water was only 1.5ft deep going out of the canal into the lower lake. All in all we had a great time and my cousins son was so wore out he was asleep before we got over the bridge at the canal.

2. catfish4fun

catfish4fun New Member

State:
    nc
    somebody must have transplanted them

3. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    Did you put in at Canal Lakes or Hill's? Sounds like you had a good day of fishing.

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I am pretty sure the bullheads were probably the original catfish in those lakes.

I put i at canal lakes but Hills looks like the added some new concrete to the ramp. I tis getting really shallow in the mouth of the lake only 1.5ft deep. Yes we had a great day and cant wait to get back down there in a couple of weeks.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good report, James. Are you on the new computer now? My internet was down most of the day until I could get someone out from the phone co. to fix things.
    Good to see the fish are still biting. I sure hope I can get out again before I go back to work next wed.

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yeah I got the new computer hooked up but havent heard anything from the cable company yet about my road runner so I am still on the old dial up.

7. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Hard to find bait around the lake at this time. I've never used white perch before. Sounds like it worked pretty good. What did you catch your white perch on? Where did you catch them if you don't mind me asking?