Lake Moultrie 12/20/08 Catfish over 20 pounds

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JDWILLIS39, Dec 20, 2008.

1. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    I will tell you Capt Jim did it again. We fished again today out of Angel Landing and he went right to where the fish were. We had great day drifting in shallow water. 7 fish 5, 15, 18, 24, 25, 27 and 28 lbs. The small one was a channel rest were blues. If you looking for super day fishing get up with Capt Jim. He is really nice guy to fish with and really knows how to find the fish. Attached are some pictures of the bigger ones. Thanks Jim for nice day.

Attached Files:

2. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    one more picture:big_smile:

Attached Files:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like a great day on the water, congrats and good luck in the future

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Those are some nice fish - congrats on a great day :big_smile:

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great job again fellows. I hope to gt back down there i the next few days. Yall try to leave a few for the rest of us.:big_smile:

6. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Congrats! Thats a good lookin catch.

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the report, John. You guys had a much better day than some I talked with. I opted not to go up there because of the rising water temps and lake level, but that didn't slow you two down. Congrats to both of you. :worship:

8. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    We discussed where we thought the fish would be based on rising water and temps and were pleased with ourselves when they were there. We had good day with bit of luck. If you guys haven't heard Hill"s is closed until the 9th of January. Thanks for the good word.

9. chewy

chewy New Member

State:
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    We fished hard yesterday and could not buy a bite. The only thing we did not throw at them was live bait. We fished over and around short stay with not even a bite shallow or deep. Good job guys and keep the posts coming.

10. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Great catch john!!!

11. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Very nice catch there! I was looking at the pictures and was noticing how nice and comfortable those seats look. I'm not sure I could spring up out of those to grab a rod.:eek:oooh: That's comfort fishing!!!:big_smile:

12. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    John, congratulations on such a successful trip! Thanks for the pictures

13. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Sunbird now Capt Jim (Jk888) has super nice boat and those seat are comfortable. Me I am bunged up hobble around barely can get on boat but when that rod tip starts pointing at water and quivering; you would think I was thirty years old. It was really nice day with great guy who took me fishing.
    See you guys on water.

14. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Thanks for the pic's John and glad you had a nice trip.