Lake Moultrie 12-15-08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rivercatsc, Dec 15, 2008.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well was suppose to be on the Pee Dee today but above flood stage water made it impossible to even think of fishing it. I had 3 guys from florence and the 10 year old grandson of 1 of them fishing with me today but they wernt going to be able to get there until around noon. I got to to the lake at 6 am and got some breakfast trying to wait a rain shower and finnally there was a slight break for about 20 minutes, long enough for me to get my enclosure up, and get the boat in the water. I slipped out to the canal and caught a couple dozen pech and bream for bait and set out to fish a little before they got there. I started fishing about 9:30am and fished until 11:45 and put 7 blues in the boat from 8lbs-15lbs. They were going to call me about 15 minutes before they got there and so I sat in the canal catching bait waiting on them to call. I waited and waited and wiated and then finnally about 1 ocklock they called and I picked them up and was fishing again by 1:30pm. Fished until 5pm and they were ready to call it a day with 14 blues most were around 10 lbs but the 5 biggest were 29lbs, 26lbs, 23lbs, 20lbs, and 19lber. 21 fish total for the day all caught in about 35ft of water on cut bream and perch. The boy reeled almost all of the fish and was so wore out he was asleep before even getting back to the boat landing. Great day on the water and got to visit some with Roundhill and Pop Popearlier that morning when they were headed out to do some catsmaking of there own.

Attached Files:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good looking fish, congrats and good luck on future trips

3. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Looks like a great trip!!:eek:oooh:

Thanks for the report!:wink:

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Great Report James and some nice Fish.Boy I envy you folks that can get out on the water this time of year and fish.Here in Flyover country (Iowa) The lakes are frozen over and ice flows are running down the Old Missouri River.and as we speek it's snowing and the temp. is 10 Degrees with a wind chill of-15,Burr.Thanks for the pictures and the report.J.D.

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for the report, great day of cattin for sure! Congrats

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    James, that's another great day on the water. Thanks for the pictures and report.

7. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Thanks for the great report James. Sounds like you and the littleone had a great day.

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I tried out the salt water bite today but all I could think about was those Lkae moultrie Blues so me and Capt Roundhill are going to hammer them again tommorow I hope. The forecast is calling for little to no wind so I have an extra trolling motor battery on charge. I hope to have another great report. 3 in 1 week man am I excitied tired but excited.:big_smile:

9. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Great catch James. Those are some outstanding fish right there. It was also a pleasure to meet ya today. Keep hammering'em!:wink:

10. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    I'm jealous sitting here in my office reading this while you are out there fishing...lol
    Good job and hopefully we can hit Winyah Bay in the next few weeks.
    Jonathan

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Dont be too gealous I pulled off a big ole goose egg today. No fish, no bities, no nothing. I fished the same fish I have been catching and marked lots of fish but nothing. I moved around a few times shallower, deeper, and different areas and nothing. I reckon you cant get them everytime.:embarassed: Makes me look foward too next time even more. :big_smile:

12. red1691

red1691 New Member

State:
    Meldrim, Ga.
    Thanks for the report and photos!! :big_smile: Now I can't wait to get back up to Santee! Hope Marion is haveing a good bite too!!!:roll_eyes: