Lake Moultrie 12-13-08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rivercatsc, Dec 13, 2008.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Took a father and his 9 year old son out to try and catch some nice fat blues. It was there 1st time on the lake and catfishing. Fishing was very slow but we had a great time and caught a few fish. We started out drifting in 30-50ft of water marking lots of bait and lots of fish but not great results. We put 5 blues all 5lbs-8lbs in the boat in the deeper water and decided to go try some shallower fishing in hopes of letting the little tangle with a big one. We ended up fiding some fish and in about 6-15ft deep and putting a fat 21.5lb blue in the boat right off the bat and ended up catching 2 more blues 8lb & 10lbs and 1 fat 11lb channel cat in the boat before calling it a day. The boys dad was proud as any dad could be for his son on his big fat santee blue. They must have made 50 phone calls after putting that fish in the boat.:big_smile: Heck sure did make me feel good. It was an overall slow day on the water but a great time. Water temp was 52deg and the bait of choice was cut white perch and cut threadfin shad. I talked to JK888 and they seemed to have similar results and fished near 2 other guides today that caught some of the same size fish we were. I will be back on the Pee Dee monday but I hope to get back down there before the end of next week again to try them 1 more time.:wink:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good report, James! Always gratifying to make some folk's day!! :big_smile:

Bill in SC

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Good job James!:wink: Ain't nothing wrong with sharing the joy of Cat Smack'n.:big_smile: Nice catch today.

4. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Thanks for the report James

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great day on the water!! Thanks for the report!

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    James, thanks for the report! Sounds like a fun day on the water